Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 91xlt

(Carbon County)

Default 91xlt

Great guy to deal with, great communication, very friendly. Nice to meet you, enjoy the new toy!!
    <a href=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/Mzalicia20/Image1Custom2.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ge1Custom2.jpg</a>

(Philadelphia County)

Default 91xlt

Great guy to deal with. He called me right away and came straight down with cash in hand and he's a really nice guy.
    Thanks for the sale 91xlt

Default 91xlt

First off, let me start by saying this is the first time I've ever left negative feedback. I have been screwed a few times on deals, but this one takes the cake.

Jeff contacted me nearly 2 months ago stating that he would like to purchase my RRA rifle. We spoke a couple of times on the phone and I honestly thought he was a stand up guy. He expressed interest in the rifle and after speaking to him, I told him that I would mark the rifle as sold. He told me that it would take roughly 3 weeks to gather the money for the rifle. I had no problem with this, so I said no problem.

We work out a deal for the rifle along with mags and ammo. Jeff PM's me the week before July 4th weekend and he said he wanted to meet up that weekend. I reminded him that it was July 4th weekend, but I was able to meet him that weekend. He never bothers calling or PMing me to let me know that he went away for the weekend. I was surprised since we have had such good communication thus far. After a few PMs and me trying to call him on his cell. Jeff PMs me and tells me he went away for the weekend and that he was still interested in the rifle.

A couple of weeks goes by and I get a PM from him telling me he wants to meet again on Friday the 16th. Once again, I PM him and try to reach him on his cell, but no replies. I have not heard back from him since his PM earlier last week wanting to meet up.

What bothers me about this cat is that he's purchased other items on this forum, so I know he has been logged in from time to time. I guess he thinks that he can jerk me around, but not other people.

I told him in a PM that if he changed his mind, that was fine with me, but to let me know so I can re-post my rifle. I feel that being jerked around for nearly 2 months by him is unacceptable. I could have had this rifle posted and possibly sold at this point.

Jeff, did state that he would send me half of the funds in good faith, but I said it wasn't needed. I figured we were going to close this deal soon, so I would rather wait to get a full payment at once.

As I stated before, I've been screwed several times on deals, but not 2 months in the making.

Jeff, if you are reading this...just remember that karma is a bitch.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 91xlt

let me start off by stating, i have NO intention of making this a pissing war!

sy seems to be a very nice gentleman, he did agree to hold rifle until i had pmt in full, and was very courteous.

we have exchanged multiple pm's, our schedules did not align, and i had forgot about the holiday weekend.

we NEVER set up a meeting for friday the 16th...NEVER!
    i had sent him a pm on monday, asking if NEXT friday was ok?, reply was yes...i have been outta town with training for work, and knew damn well i would not be around this past weekend, and had NO meeting scheduled for this sale!

we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, and sorry it got sooooo out of wack.

any mod who wants/needs copies of our pm's are more than welcome to ask.

regards.

I held up my end of the agreement. The least you could do is call or PM. You were the one that never bothered PMing or calling to cancel each time.

If you knew you were going to be gone for an entire week, why would you PM me and ask me if meeting on Friday would work for me?

I like how you reply on the feedback thread, but you don't even have the courtesy to PM me to explain what happened on your end.

You dropped the ball multiple times. I got screwed thanks to you. End of story...I could have sold the rifle at this point. Be an adult and own up to your part.

You couldn't meet with me, but you met with other people to buy/sell to them in that same time frame??? I guess you didn't want to break your word with other people, since you are a man of your words.

At the very least, you owe me an apology for wasting my time. I don't think too many folks would hold onto a rifle for nearly two months. I thought your word was good based on speaking to you. I was wrong...even after the first time you bailed...I gave you a second chance and you did the same thing. A verbal agreement is still a valid contract and we also had a written agreement. Do not act as if you are the victim in this situation. You caused all of this by your piss poor communication skills.

Your email is dated July 11th, which is a Sunday.

"sy,

is next fri afternoon good for you?

jeff"

Even if you meant July 23rd...why didn't you call me back since I left you two voicemails and PMs? What was the excuse for not clearing up which date you meant? The bottom line is I have been straightforward with you. I am not one for BS, we made an agreement, and you did not uphold your end of the agreement.
    Last edited by aubie515; July 20th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

1 Week Ago
    91xlt
    Active Member Join Date: Sep 2006
    (Philadelphia County)

Re: RRA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sy,

is next fri afternoon good for you?

jeff

this is a copy of pm sent 1 week ago...stating if NEXT fri is good...which would be THIS coming friday...i have NO intention of continuing this issue!

(Luzerne County)

I'm with Aubie515 on this one, he is a stand up guy.

Thanks Mike.

I really wasn't looking for anyone to take sides. I just wanted others to be aware when dealing with Jeff what they can expect.

I still cannot get over the fact that instead of PMing me first to try to resolve things, he would rather try to explain his side of the story. I did not leave him negative feedback to get even with him...just wanted people to know what they can expect from him.

I am just ticked because I could have sold the rifle to someone else during the time I was waiting on him.

I have always tried to go out of my way to meet the buyer, so they wouldn't have to come to me. There isn't a whole lot I wouldn't do to make a deal. For me, it's not just a deal, I have always replied back to phone calls and PMs during and after the deal was completed.

Ambiguity is a bitch, that's why I don't ever say "12 AM", and why I usually do a belt-and-suspenders "Friday, July 23rd" instead of hoping that we've all standardized on "this Friday" meaning the next one after today, and "next Friday" meaning the one after the next one.

Never had any deals with either gentleman. Still, if I blew off a first meeting, I'd bend over backwards to make it right the next time. Just saying.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I agree with you 100%. My PMs have been clear, so that there is no doubt as to what I was saying. I gave him exact round count of the ammo that I was including, so there was no confusion. I wanted us to be on the same page.

I have no problem with changing times/dates since life happens. I just have a problem when he could not bother to text me, PM me or leave me a voicemail. I"m sure he wasn't so busy that he could not find two minutes to spare to let me know what was going on.

Good communication is key.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Ambiguity is a bitch, that's why I don't ever say "12 AM", and why I usually do a belt-and-suspenders "Friday, July 23rd" instead of hoping that we've all standardized on "this Friday" meaning the next one after today, and "next Friday" meaning the one after the next one.

Never had any deals with either gentleman. Still, if I blew off a first meeting, I'd bend over backwards to make it right the next time. Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast