Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: 2nd fatality in 2 days on Rt 33/209...

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    The truck driver was wasted. He's going away for murder.
    good. scumbag.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    good. scumbag.
    Agreed. A driver of 35 years and his life starts to fall apart, he takes the bottle into his hands and drives hard. He was hoping to die. I'm glad he didnt, so now he can rot in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Agreed. A driver of 35 years and his life starts to fall apart, he takes the bottle into his hands and drives hard. He was hoping to die. I'm glad he didnt, so now he can rot in prison.
    there's other places besides a public highway to take care of that.

(Monroe County)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

"Guns are dangerous, yes..bad guys are a problem. But guns are dangerous and need to be destroyed."

Every problem that happens on that road is a result of an idiot driver, the road does not come to life and cause accidents, speeders and aggressive drivers do.

"Just last night I saw the highway open up and devour 2 cars into the bowels of hell!" The road just sits there, it does nothing on its own.

I've been driving that road since I got my license and the only problem I ever had was some idiot cutting across 2 lanes to turn, the turn did not make him do it, he chose to....see I go the speed limit and I obey traffic laws. Problem solved.
    Wow, you are an insanely lucky driver. I've witnessed several accidents, some involving snow/sleet/ice. some involving poor drivers, tons involving deer, blown out tires, dodging road debris

There are ways to mitigate risk and keep drivers safe, they are standard accepted practices. PennDot just won't spend the money to do it

unless you want to try and tell me that there is a reason we have cement barriers on 33 all through the turns to prevent accidents, now we have guard rail to prevent them, but the area where the accident occurred doesn't need them?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

"Guns are dangerous, yes..bad guys are a problem. But guns are dangerous and need to be destroyed."

Every problem that happens on that road is a result of an idiot driver, the road does not come to life and cause accidents, speeders and aggressive drivers do.
    While roads are dangerous like weapons can be some roads like that intersection are like a 1911 with a nonworking grip and thumb safety with a light trigger being carried Mexican style. Sure makes it more risky.

Drivers of all kinds including you drive under all kinds of various conditions and levels of fatigue and attentiveness. Like I said the driver could literally have come 500 miles without a light then there in the middle of a limited access highway is a red light at the end of a 10 hour run.
    No excuse but the reality.

(Monroe County)

The truck driver was wasted. He's going away for murder.
    I tried to find that in the news but couldn't. Where was it posted?

Nothing in the court docket yet.
    http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...=CR-0000219-10
    Last edited by Exbiker; June 28th, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I tried to find that in the news but couldn't. Where was it posted?

Nothing in the court docket yet.
    http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...=CR-0000219-10
    PM sent...
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

PM sent...
    curious as well as there were 0 charges related to anything other then vehicular homicide failure to stop and "following to close?"

nothing drug or dui related
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Wow, you are an insanely lucky driver. I've witnessed several accidents, some involving snow/sleet/ice. some involving poor drivers, tons involving deer, blown out tires, dodging road debris

There are ways to mitigate risk and keep drivers safe, they are standard accepted practices. PennDot just won't spend the money to do it

unless you want to try and tell me that there is a reason we have cement barriers on 33 all through the turns to prevent accidents, now we have guard rail to prevent them, but the area where the accident occurred doesn't need them?
    Im not saying theyre not needed to protect innocent drivers from idiots, but the accidents could be prevented in the first place by the driver, thats my point.

I'm not lucky, I just go the speed limit and let all the impatient pushy asshole drivers pass me. When I get to a turn I wait until it's safe, I don't cut people off because I'm impatient. If the left arrow is turning yellow I simply wait for the next one.

This area has blown up and I have personally noticed less speed traps now that its big then there were years ago when people hardly used it. Kinda seems backwards to me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    While roads are dangerous like weapons can be some roads like that intersection are like a 1911 with a nonworking grip and thumb safety with a light trigger being carried Mexican style. Sure makes it more risky.

Drivers of all kinds including you drive under all kinds of various conditions and levels of fatigue and attentiveness. Like I said the driver could literally have come 500 miles without a light then there in the middle of a limited access highway is a red light at the end of a 10 hour run.
    No excuse but the reality.
    regardless of whether he came 500 miles or 5 miles without a light, its every drivers responsibility to observe signs and signals, just like its their responsibility to pull over if theyre nodding off, there are plenty of things to notify you that there's a signal ahead, including a sign that flashes "red signal ahead" about 30 seconds before and while it's red. No excuse what so ever to not know the signal is there.

I can't drive down 209 with no lights and proceed onto main street and blow every red light simply because I didn't have any before it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast