Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Thumbs up Scotia Range in Center County

I visited Scotia Range today for the first time, and I must say I'm impressed. Of course that's easy to do for me. =)

As I drove up to the gates, I notices the friendly open and hours sign. The gates were open and directed me to register at the main office. At the main office there was a map of the area, a satellite image I think, with sharpie marking the shooting areas. The dirt road lead past the Rifle range, Police pistol range, and then ended at the Pistol range. I met a friendly couple finishing shooting a sig. They explained some of the finer details of the range and loaned me their staple gun since I didn't have one. I had a choice of setting my target at 25 yards or 50 yards. He he, for me, 25 yards was far enough away.

I set up my target and started shooting. first at 15 yards, then 10, then 25 yards. Overall I shot 25 in the target out of 30. But I digress. The range was very clean and there were plenty of cardboard backers. I picked up all my brass and left them in the containers for the reloaders who wish to have them. I will definitely be going back as it's only 15 minutes from my office.

Thanks for keeping it clean and nice everyone, I appreciate it!
    -thespider
    Ruger P95PR15
    http://rusty.isa-geek.org

Default Re: Scotia Range in Center County

Yeah, Scotia has a pretty nice setup. The only downside that I have found is that the rifle range only goes to 100yds....yeah, yeah, I know that it is set up to 200yds but good luck finding the target holes for them in the ground - fyi, the far two end benches on the left when you walk up the them have 200 yd holes in the rifle range. As far as the brass, I had to chuckle when you said that you left it for the reloaders. Intent was nice and I am sure that reloaders appreciate it, however, I often see the chatty RO (you will know when you meet him, usually by his awkard attempts at humor) emptying those brass cans saying that he doesnt like it when the "reloader scavengers" come looking for brass. Made me laugh.
    Last edited by celisup78; October 12th, 2007 at 08:07 AM. Reason: error in bench position