Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Didn't Think I would... But today that changed... My OC at Arby's (Does that Count?)

Good Evening Folks,

Well,
    My youngest son and Pop were home enjoying the AC and some show on the History channel so I decided to go to Arbys near Wallyworld in East Burg.
    ( The one next door to the Gas station that had an armed robbery attempt a few days ago --> Article

It is pretty hot out today so I had my "dad" jean shorts on ( as mocked by my sons) , a tucked in blue polo shirt and brown deck shoes.

I dunno, I just didn't feel like putting on my IWB and changing my shirt or anything this afternoon. Too hot and it's been a long day.

I haven't worn my XDm Full size - 40 cal. in a while , so I looped my Serpa CQC lvl 2 on my nice black belt and clicked in my pistol at about the 3:00'oclock position.

It felt good and secure.

Despite all the reading I do here in the OC forums,
    I must admit I was a little uneasy getting out of the truck when I arrived as I saw a few folks eating inside and one or 2 waiting at the counter for their orders.

I almost took it off and put it in the truck console.. But then I would have nothing on me at all.

Something inside me said.... "Stop being a puss. Walk in and order your food.. You ain't doing anything wrong.."

So I did.

I went inside, looked around briefly and ordered my food. walked to the soda fountain to grab my Sprite while they fried my Popper Bites.

Maybe 6-8 people in the store at the time, excluding the staff. Most eating peacefully and 2 little toddler siblings laughing at each others table antics.

No screaming, No mwag yelps, Nobody asked me nothing, nobody talked to me ... Nothing.

I took my food bags and held the door for an older couple that was leaving.
    The gentleman said "Thank you". I said " You're welcome Sir, have a good evening..." He said "You too"...

And home I went to eat with my Pop and Son.

Uneventful to say the least.

I realize that I still prefer to CC as I do this everytime I leave the house at this point. , But I feel that OC is not out of the question..

Maybe a fairly quiet evening to go order something at Arbys isn't the biggest deal.
    But it was a boost in my OC confidence and future considerations to do so.. Like a graduation of sort.. LOL

I do think that my next OC excursion will be with my brother by my side and somewhere a bit more crowded. But not too crowded.. Yet.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience and welcome your comments.

Peace ,God Bless and stay safe.

Vin
    Last edited by LedZep; June 23rd, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
    "I'll just keep on rolling along with the Grace of the Lord above."

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Didn't Think I would... But today that changed... My OC at Arby's (Does that Coun

I'm happy for you. I'll bet you felt all bubbly inside, having "survived" open carry and such. Standing tall, no less.

Yes, the first time you do it you think everyone in the world, plus a few other worlds, are all staring at you. Quite possibly most people feel that way the first time. Yours was a normal reaction. And now you feel better for it.

It does get easier the more you do it. You feel more comfortable doing it. After a while, you might not even care what other people think when you do it. Of course, it helps a great deal if you feel confident in knowing the law concerning such.

Again, I'm happy for you. You done good.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Didn't Think I would... But today that changed... My OC at Arby's (Does that Coun

Congratulations on the first OC outing. It gets easier with time, first time I OC'd it felt like the whole world was staring at me, but after a couple times it didn't bother me. Once again congratulations and to quote Statkowski, "You done good." It's nice to know there a few more of us OCers in this county (just too bad we don't cross paths very often)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by LedZep View Post

Something inside me said.... "Stop being a puss. Walk in and order your food.. You ain't doing anything wrong.."
    I think more people need to think that way.

(Allegheny County)

The real question is did you ring the bell on the wall by the door when you were leaving?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

A couple members have been hassled in the east/stroudsburg area. Me and my friends outside the forum who OC haven't had any problems, amazingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Clinton County)

Nice post. Rep sent.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

The more relaxed and comfortable you are the more relaxed others will be when you carry around them. The only way to get to that point is to keep doing it until it feels natural. Don't forget to smile at people and open doors, etc. Be as polite as you can be even when people give you dirty looks or make snide comments. Rep sent .

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    A couple members have been hassled in the east/stroudsburg area. Me and my friends outside the forum who OC haven't had any problems, amazingly.
    I run into more shit than you do. Lucky.

To the OP, keep up the good work. The first time is the hardest.

Armed, I am free.
    ZRT Sector 7 (Recon)
    A 3 percenter

(Lackawanna County)

Raus, you're just too damn close to New Jersey down there!

The more people see OC, the less they freak, as it should be. The antis will be anti, one way or the other.

I don't OC for an agenda, I do it because it's comfortable; I like to be comfortable, and if somebody doesn't like it, that's their prerogative, although as far as I'm concerned, they can FOAD.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast