Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Interested in waterfowl

I would like to go out for Duck and Goose this upcoming season.

Does anyone know of any decent hunting areas in the SE section of the state?

Anyone have any luck with those pesky Snow Geese?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Interested in waterfowl

i been thinking the same thing.

its a tough thing to get into, you need boats, dogs, expensive calls, calling skills, new gear, and land.

although you can do without all this but it would be harder, but finding land is the hardest part, you really need to know somebody. its even better if you know somebody with land, dogs and calling skills lol.

(Bucks County)

its a shame too, i see literally thousands of canadian geese feeding in every farm field on my way home from work. i cant even see there being a limit on these things, although i cant imagine them tasting any good.

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    its a shame too, i see literally thousands of canadian geese feeding in every farm field on my way home from work. i cant even see there being a limit on these things, although i cant imagine them tasting any good.
    Goose is good EATS!!!!!!!!

You don't need all that BS the Channels are showing......

Some camo, and a few decoys, will work.....

(Bucks County)

well i cant stand hunting shows, its unchallenging what they do and a trophy hunt more than anything.

for ducks i seen this one blind set up has an underground bunker with a full kitchen and beds, with heat lol.

decoys are a must, they arent cheap and id think a caller would be essential but im not a duck hunter so i dont know. if you are hunting over water u need a boat or dog, unless you like swimming.

geese im sure you could hunt in a field easier than a lake. thats where they seem to be when i see them.

(Northampton County)

If you see fields with tons of geese on them that are not surrounded buy houses, them ask the farmer who owns the land. Many farmers hate the geese. I meant it, they are despised buy most farmers. I goose hunt property that no one is allowed to deer hunt on. The first thing out of the farmers mouth when I asked about goose hunting was, " I dont care how many you are allowed to shoot buy law. Kill as many as you can as often as you can." the second thing he said was, be careful of where you shoot, I dont need any problems from my neighbors. The only safe way not to pelt peoples houses 600 yards away was to set up facing north and only take shots at gesse in that direction. After a few years years of killing geese, and sending fruit baskets to the farmer every year, one day he asked if i bow hunt. I have been bow hunting his farm for 5 years now.
    Oh, I use about a dozen cheap decoys, and some camo burlap i bought from Wallmart, a peice of tarp to lay on. A dog is nice, but unless trained very well, not needed. Instead of spending all kinds of money on boats, dogs, blinds, and hi end decoys, use the money to get good ammo. The remington Heavy Shot will brig down geese and ducks out to 75 yards when you do your part, but at arounf 25 bucks per 20 shells, its pricey.
    My 2cents
    Roland

(Delaware County)

Yeah, I am not very interested in buying a boat and such.

I had field hunting in mind. It doesn't look too bad, I just never did it before... and I know that some landowners are reluctant to allow hunters on their property.

With all of the geese around, I think it would take longer to set up the decoys than to shoot the daily limit.

Some scouting is in order.