Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Lightbulb Re: Hi point pistols

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    Just my opinion but I think you would be disappointed with the Hi point 380, its not what I would call a compact gun, This whole thing started because I saw two of them in a gun shop, new for $149.00 each plain or two tone, a few months ago another shop, a guy came in and ask about a Hi point in 9 MM, the guy behind the counter, and I know why, (profit), he was telling the guy, every war story on the web, to here him tell it, by just picking it up it would explode. But from everything I have read here and other forms, they are not bad for the money, they are not a Glock or Sig, But the price tells you that, But they don’t fall in the Davis or Jennings class eather.
    Hornady, I believe you nailed it head, though I've never owned one I have friend's who do. We have been at the range many times together & they have allways functioned like they should (PULL TRIGGER...BANG) Like you said also they are not a Glock or Sig but they work, that's what count's. I think they are a middle of the road weapon, which. Some get to caught with (BRAND NAMES) I will be the first to admit I DO... Like buying Reebok's over Dollar Tree shoes. Everyone want's the best but for any reason they can't afford the NAME BRAND'S, so they get what their budget allow's them. Simply (PULL TRIGGER ...BANG...If it does this? Great that's why they purchased it. I'm also sure they have a warranty & with all the firearm's forums I've visited all I hear is their cheap but never heard anyone complain about their warranty/customer service. If anyone has hand's on warranty/customer service info speak out now Please
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Hi point pistols

Honestly, I think the Hi-Point is a great "In case of emergency-break glass" type of weapon. That is, they are cheap enough to carry in a tackle box without crying too hard if you lose it in the river......or to stow in the trunk of the car......

Yeah, yeah.....everyone should have a gun handy, I know.....but, in terms of emergencies and the law of probabilities we should all carry around a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher everywhere we go as well. Sometimes it isn't practical and having a cheap option you can leave in one place where you can access it is a definite advantage.

Yeah, some of the posts in the Hi-poo thread were fictional, but the gun really did run full of cat litter and Crisco......it grouped well too.

Lycanbutthetriggerssuckthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(York County)

Having owned and shot.. For the money you get a weapon that works. You may get FTF/FTE once in a while.. or non at all like my friends .45 high point.. But you could do far worse for the $. It's one of the few under $160.00 guns that you can buy new and doesn't jam every round. Your only other options in that price range for a new semi auto gun are really .22's/.25's most of which really are junk.

(And yes I know you can get a used .38 snubbie for around $200.00. But some people prefer semi auto)

(Lawrence County)

I carry a Ruger P95, the Hi-Point feels lighter... lol I never find used firearms locally that others claim to see elsewhere, my shop deals mainly in new firearms, and even the few used ones are marked up to a little below what new guns cost... Say a new XD costs 560, they'll get a used one in and mark it 500 or 495, somewhere in that neighborhood... Even used Rossi's don't go under 200... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345