Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Chester Pa declares Martial Law

Sunday, June 20, 2010
    Martial Law declared in Chester Pennsylvania by Mayor Wendell N. Butler, Jr.

June 20, 2010 — Chester slayings prompt state of emergency in city...
    Mayor's order: Nobody in public after 9 p.m. without good cause. Police will work long shifts.

How long will it be before the economy collapses further and Gangs and Cartels force mayors across the country to make similar declarations?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Chester Pa declares Martial Law

Chester doesn't need a State of Emergency. What it needs is a wrecking ball.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
    Chester doesn't need a State of Emergency. What it needs is a wrecking ball.
    so true..my Mom still works in that shit hole of a city.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

This thread reminds me of a question Ive been meaning to ask...

Not that I have any reason to go to Chester (luckily), but if I did have to, is it legal to CC with a valid LTCF in an area under a state of emergency?

I thought I had read somewhere that it was, but I figured this would be a good time to double check.

(Philadelphia County)

May want to change the thread's title. State of Emergency is not Martial Law, which involves the US military.

Al

(Dauphin County)

If you didn't already make the apt guess, Wendell Butler is a 'Mayor Against Illegal Guns'.

I certainly would not be happy about my now-limited liberty on the bases of 'targeted violence' with '4 people dead'. The provisions of the Constitution are applicable equally in war and in peace. Kurtz v. City of Pittsburgh, 31 A.2d 257, 346 Pa. 362, Sup.1943. I don't see how this 'emergency' ought to be different.

Maybe his jurisdiction and subjects would be better off if he quit MAIG and related slavery rhetoric, and spearheaded some new campaigns:
    Ask the legislature to repeal the UFA.
    Work with the council to direct police to no longer enforce unconstitutional laws such as those regarding possession and sale of drugs and possession and carry of arms.
    Call upon the school board to develop educational programs that instill civic- and community-minded values in the youths.
    Look at council to pass a resolution that the people of Chester shall be armed.

I imagine with particular certainty that part of the reason there are 5 most violent areas in Chester to contend with are because the people there do not take stake in their communities and have become reliant upon and fearful of their government. It's a horrible formula for being a recurring victim.

(Allegheny County)

Soccer fans need not worry, it's targeted violence, in other words, if you live or frequent in and around neighborhoods where gangs, drugs, prositution, pimps, etc. are prevelant, you need to worry. How is that any different than other city across the globe.

Anybody check out the article in the tribune review about funding for anti gang groups in and around pgh are asking for additional funding for more people on the payroll, which includes "experienced community" something that know where and how to get funding for social programs and college so these members can stay away from gang life, I guess that means, JAIL/PRISON, isn't enough, WTF

(Indiana County)

If you have an LTCF, you're covered. If you don't have an LTCF, see Section 6107(a)(1),

§6107. Prohibited Conduct During Emergency.

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:
    (1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

(b) Seizure, taking and confiscation.--Except as otherwise provided under subsection (a) and notwithstanding the provisions of 35 Pa.C.S. Ch. 73 (relating to Commonwealth services) or any other provision of law to the contrary, no firearm, accessory or ammunition may be seized, taken or confiscated during an emergency unless the seizure, taking or confiscation would be authorized absent the emergency.
    (c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:
    "Accessory." Any scope, sight, bipod, sling, light, magazine, clip or other related item that is attached to or necessary for the operation of a firearm.
    "Firearm." The term includes any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any weapon.
    CREDIT(S)
    1972, Dec. 6, P.L. 1482, No. 334, § 1, effective June 6, 1973. Amended 1995, June 13, P.L. 1024, No. 17 (Spec. Sess. No. 1), § 2, effective in 120 days; 2008, Oct. 17, P.L. 1628, No. 131, § 3, effective in 60 days [Dec. 16, 2008].
    HISTORICAL AND STATUTORY NOTES
    Act 1995-17 (SS1) legislation
    The 1995 amendment substituted "State or municipal" for "Municipal or State"; in cl. (1), substituted "that person's" for "his"; and, in cl. (2) following section references in two places, deleted "of this title".
    2008 Electronic Update
    Act 2008-131 legislation
    Act 2008-131, § 3, designated the existing text as subsec. (a) and therein deleted ", rifle or shotgun" following "carry a firearm"; and added subsecs. (b) and (c).
    Prior Laws:
    1968, July 31, P.L. 802, § 1.
    1968, July 30, P.L. 690, § 1.
    1963, Aug. 13, P.L. 660, No. 346, § 1.
    1961, Aug. 4, P.L. 921, § 1.
    1953, July 27, P.L. 627, § 1.
    1943, May 21, P.L. 485, § 1.
    1943, May 21, P.L. 306, § 1.
    1939, June 24, P.L. 872, § 628 (18 P.S. § 4628).
    1931, June 11, P.L. 497, §§ 1 to 21.
    18 Pa.C.S.A. § 6107, PA ST 18 Pa.C.S.A. § 6107
    Current through Act 2009-12

(Chester County)

Thanks Statkowski. Thats what I had thought, but I like to be sure. Much appreciated

(Centre County)

Used to work at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in their BurnICU. Chester is a little slice of Heaven. Driving through Chester always gave me the heeb-be-la-jeebies (right?) because I knew I was one stop light away from getting car jacked. Glad things are getting better......
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast