Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default New to me mini 14

Well took it out today to zero it in. I did this at 50 yards. Because I'm too lazy to walk 100 yards everytime I go shooting. I like this gun very much. Not the best trigger in the world but nice. I should have used more targets but ran out so I shot at the same one to zero. And here it is some pics.
    The last pic the weapon is unloaded and action is open. So I'm not being a hero in my house. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Default Re: New to me mini 14

while a Mini is not bench rest accurate, its combat accurate. it works well and probably will never fail you. im still trying to buy one, but right now im hooked on an AK i just got. tho i still crave a new Mini 14.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Schuylkill County)

Algoesfast, very nice mini 14 you have there. I've been a mini fan for a long time, I have two nice mini's that I shoot everyweek at the range. How do you like that butlercreek stock on your rifle? I've been "on the fence" with buying one, I think they look really good on that rifle. Was that on there when you got it?

(Lehigh County)

Nice to see it getting put to good use... like another poster said, it's a reliable combat-ready rifle... and a nice .223 alternative (or companion!) to the AR-15.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Algoesfast, very nice mini 14 you have there. I've been a mini fan for a long time, I have two nice mini's that I shoot everyweek at the range. How do you like that butlercreek stock on your rifle? I've been "on the fence" with buying one, I think they look really good on that rifle. Was that on there when you got it?
    It was on there when I bought it. I think the pistol grip is the reason I like it so much. Very comfortable and it fits me. I'm very happy with the gun.

(Bucks County)

Congrats on your new Mini. It's a great shooting rifle.

Your target results are good enough for a minute of bad guy. And it's possible to improve its accuracy. Just takes some modifications and determination. And finding out what type of ammo the rifle likes to shoot best.

Your Mini is similar to mine. The mods made to my Mini allow me to shoot pretty good groups at 100 yards.

The best information source on the topic can be found at " http://www.perfectunion.com ", in the section devoted to (you guessed it) Mini's. Lots of info and how to make mods to a Mini.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by X - Man View Post
    Congrats on your new Mini. It's a great shooting rifle.

Your target results are good enough for a minute of bad guy. And it's possible to improve its accuracy. Just takes some modifications and determination. And finding out what type of ammo the rifle likes to shoot best.

Your Mini is similar to mine. The mods made to my Mini allow me to shoot pretty good groups at 100 yards.

The best information source on the topic can be found at " http://www.perfectunion.com ", in the section devoted to (you guessed it) Mini's. Lots of info and how to make mods to a Mini.
    Thank you. The gun when I got it was shooting high. So if you check out the holes you may be able to see how I adjusted sights lower and lower until I was fairly zeroed. Will be working on it in the future. Thanks for the link.

now the factory Ruger mags are available/affordable these should be getting popular again.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    now the factory Ruger mags are available/affordable these should be getting popular again.

Now that the A-TEAM is being released, these should become popular again!

Congrats! I've always wanted one.

(yes, because of the A-TEAM )
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Just a bit of trivia - in early episodes Colonel Smith uses an AR-15 SP1. The A-Team soon switched to Mini-14s and AC-556Ks as their "go-to" guns. The M60 appeared in one or two eps, as did the micro-UZI.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast