Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Encounter while waiting for ammo cabinet keys at Wally World (North Versailles)

I was waiting for the service rep to get the keys (all the way across the store hidden in electronics or something) for about 20 minutes (sigh).

No one paid any attention to me the whole time as I was browsing the fishing lures and waiting for the rep. This is pretty typical - no one usually says anything to me. My friend says because I have cop hair and wear polo shirts all the time.

A gentlemen wanders down the aisle towards me and I hear "Let me ask you a question, if you have your permit are you allowed to carry around locked and loaded like that?"

I turned to have a discussion and informed the gentlemen that yes if he had his license he could carry how he saw fit. I did explain about the OC option. He was surprised about the fact OC was legal. I found that funny since he saw me standing there with my P-07 on my side and no cops beating me into the ground.

We went on to chat about Duquesne and the shootings (carjacking) near where he lives and also the recent murders in McKeesport during that home invasion near where I live. Tom introduced himself and I handed him a flier.

Tom said he had talked to some police lately about the shootings in Duquesne and they told him 'We hear gunshots, we go get some donuts and come back later to clean up.'

We shook hands as he departed and he thanked me for the information I provided.

I finally got my ammo after that...sheesh!
    Last edited by falcn; June 19th, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Encounter while waiting for ammo cabinet keys at Wally World (North Versailles)

Good work.

I think OC has really caused awareness to be raised among freedom-loving people in public the past few years. I've always thought it was a good idea for that reason, but I haven't always realized that it was actually having a measurable effect. It is, there is no doubt about it in my mind now. People are getting really emboldened about exercising and defending their rights, even if they choose not to OC. Almost all of my public encounters have been good, but over the past year they have just gotten better and better - in the respect that average people understand what is going on, even if they are not members of gun forums etc.

The guns are definitely coming out of the closet.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Encounter while waiting for ammo cabinet keys at Wally World (North Versailles)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Good work.
    Having pleasant conversations with people about rights is not really work. But thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    The guns are definitely coming out of the closet.
    Hah that's basically what Tom said to me. "My gun is coming out of the closet, the cops are only there to clean up after the fact, and I need to be able to defend myself. I'm going to get my permit [he kept calling it that, NO I did not correct him, it's in the flier] so I can carry it concealed. It keeps getting more dangerous out there."
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Encounter while waiting for ammo cabinet keys at Wally World (North Versailles)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Having pleasant conversations with people about rights is not really work. But thank you.

."
    My thoughts exactly!!I have thoroughly enjoyed being an American citizen my whole life, but never more so than while this country has had the communist dictator as president. I am very much enthralled with being able to discuss our rights AND responsibilities, and even educate my fellow citizens every chance I get! I look forward to every chance.
    Try it! I guarantee you will leave with a smile on your face. It is a WONDERFUL time to be an American.

(Monroe County)

rep+ It feels pretty good to educate people about stuff like this, i would not call it work either.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Monroe County)

Rep +.Always nice to hear people are educating others. Sounds like you did a great job!

(Venango County)

Rep for educating

'We hear gunshots, we go get some donuts and come back later to clean up.'
    Not surprising, but this makes me sad.

Anywho, rep'd for educating! I'm glad more and more people are seeing the practicality of carrying, let alone OC. Now if only places of employment could be intelligent...lol

(Allegheny County)

Ha found out the service rep actually shoots a lot at A&S in Youngwood, PA. My friend and I went back to Wally World shortly after my friend arrived at my place. For some reason he was thinking I had already gone to the range without him (brain fart on his end I guess).

We got him some 40S&W for his gun and the rep upon seeing me again said "Back again?!"

"Yeah my buddy forgot to bring ammo with him for his 40." I supplied.

"A few other employees asked me if you were planning on taking over a small country with [sarcasm]ALL that ammo[/sarcasm] that you bought. I laughed at them and told them that's about 1 day at the range worth of ammo and then to shut the hell up it's your 2nd amendment right."

He was fun to talk too. We chatted about ranges in the area and whatnot before my friend and I left to go have fun at the range.
    Last edited by falcn; June 20th, 2010 at 11:19 AM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

they told him 'We hear gunshots, we go get some donuts and come back later to clean up.'

Ha. This is sadly entirely true of the Pittsburgh PD. I witnessed a shooting not that long ago. There were about 6 squad cars and 9 officers at the scene about 3 minutes prior to the shooting, and it took 15 minutes for the first officer to show back up after the 911 call.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.