Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Glock 20 10mm vs Walther p99 9mm

ok im thinking about buying one of the two and i cannot decide...im looking for accuracy not price or weight..so here is my question...shooting from a rest which of the two would be the most accurate...? plz no Glock fans or Walther fans cause there opinions will be bias

(York County)

Default Re: Glock 20 10mm vs Walther p99 9mm

No glock fans will probably hinder your responses.

I'm pretty sure all Glocks have about the same accuracy. The walther I'm not familiar with.

(Allegheny County)

Service pistol vs service pistol... both are more accurate than you can shoot. Both will not have peep sights or a scope.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Adams County)

The 10mm is going to hit a lot harder.

(Cumberland County)

Talking Re: Glock 20 10mm vs Walther p99 9mm

Unless you are planing to reload.. Stay away from the 10 mm...Expensive..When you can find bullets..and it is very hard to find brass if you do reload..It is a blast to shoot though...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Service pistol vs service pistol... both are more accurate than you can shoot. Both will not have peep sights or a scope.
    What he said. They are service pistols. They are not designed to be target guns. While they might be good target guns its not what they were designed for.

Exactly why did you decide on these two pistols? They are extremely different. Just curious as to where you're coming from.

If you want a "target" pistol you should be looking at something else completely. If you want a pistol you can shoot targets with either of those will do...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    What he said. They are service pistols. They are not designed to be target guns. While they might be good target guns its not what they were designed for.

Exactly why did you decide on these two pistols? They are extremely different. Just curious as to where you're coming from.

If you want a "target" pistol you should be looking at something else completely. If you want a pistol you can shoot targets with either of those will do...
    well i was looking at the 10mm cause of the round it self and decided that i wanted in a glock cause of stories/rumor that they was blowing up 1911 style pistols....as far the Walther i was going to buy one but got caught up in the...obama going to ban guns buy rush an bought an AR15

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5 View Post
    well i was looking at the 10mm cause of the round it self and decided that i wanted in a glock cause of stories/rumor that they was blowing up 1911 style pistols....as far the Walther i was going to buy one but got caught up in the...obama going to ban guns buy rush an bought an AR15
    I would think you should decide 10mm or 9mm, two very different rounds, and if you were considering a 1911 ( I will assume yes because of your statement), add .45ACP to the mix. Now you are choosing between 3 calibers, all very different, two of them more expensive than the 3rd, and one of the guns generally much more expensive to obtain reliability. If you are deciding between 10mm and 9mm, why even consider the Walther? They are decent guns, but wouldnt it be better to choose between a G20 and a G17? That is the best comparison. The other would be a G17 vs a Walther.

All of that aside, it is hard to argue against a Glock, even if you dont like them.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I would think you should decide 10mm or 9mm, two very different rounds, and if you were considering a 1911 ( I will assume yes because of your statement), add .45ACP to the mix. Now you are choosing between 3 calibers, all very different, two of them more expensive than the 3rd, and one of the guns generally much more expensive to obtain reliability. If you are deciding between 10mm and 9mm, why even consider the Walther? They are decent guns, but wouldnt it be better to choose between a G20 and a G17? That is the best comparison. The other would be a G17 vs a Walther.

All of that aside, it is hard to argue against a Glock, even if you dont like them.
    You have to be pretty commited to go with 10mm. Its impossible to find factory 10mm around my part of town. You can always look online, but do you wanna do that everytime you want to shoot? With 9mm and .45 you can go to your local Wal Mart and get both as well as for what's usually one of the best prices around.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Schuylkill County)

the 10mm and the 9mm are very different rounds almost not even comparable ... wait they might be the exact opposite of each other... recoil, capacity, $$$, oh yeah and $$$, $$$$, and $$$$$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast