Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 1st semi

(Centre County)

Default 1st semi

I just got my first revolver about a month ago and love it. Now I am ready to get a semi pistol, one that is small should i ever choose to carry. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the taurus pt-111 mill pro in blue. I guess I have a few questions though.

I already knew how to safely operate a revolver but know next to nothing about pistols other than shooting them a few times when I was a kid. Is there anywhere in state college that I can learn how to use it? The shop will teach me how to field strip it, but I really need to know how to properly/safely handle the gun. What to do if it jams, etc. I was even thinking that some of you might be interested in just meeting me out at a range sometime and showing me the ropes of the gun. I have yet to purchase it because I dont really have anyone or place to teach me how its used. Any advice? I dont really want to travel too far to lessons as I have seen them in h-burg and williamsport.

(Centre County)

Default Re: 1st semi

rspowers,

Told you I'd post here too.

Sounds like a good time to have a get together.

Guys, if you would like to meet at my place some Saturday or Sunday afternoon to help rs out I'd be glad to have you over. Same deal as before, I have some beer, soda and iced tea in the frig, my bottle of Jack is always ready, and Random, I have some Red, White, or Rose (whatever trips your trigger) I can break out. I also have some orange liquore (sp?) called 43 (from Spain) that when mixed with orange soda tastes like you're drinking a creamsicle. Bring some snacks, guns you want to show off, and we'll teach rs the finer points of semi's.

Reply on the forum or PM me with suggestions as to when.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

i got nothing better to do. I'll show him if he want. You go ahead and pick the date! Besides, I always got tons question about AR and stuff for Ron anyway
    If he wants to meet up on range, thats cool too. we are about due for another meet anyway no?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

Ron,

I'm down for just about any time (as long as I'm not working) and Mity2 is correct it is about time! I know a shoot at Scotia this close to deer season is going to be a helatious day out there and would be more annoying than anything based by last week's activity there. I am always happy to impart some of my knowledge to assist someone new to the sport, also give them an opportunity to try out the feel of different pistols.

Cheers,
    josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

Hey All,

Since the range will be closed on 10/20 and 10/21 let's get together on one of those days at my place. rspowers (Ray) said that would be a good weekend for him. Let's nail down a day now. Josh check your schedule. I am good for either day. Even mtbkski said he may be able to make it. Who wants to PM Random , (ok, I will).

Anyone that doesn't have my address it is: 307 Matilda Ave, Lemont (it's the last house on the street, just off Rhodes Lane). If you need more specific directions just PM me.

Ray wants to learn about pistols and I think we all learn about new stuff each time we meet up. Here we can show and tell and then schedule a shoot (yes, you are right Josh, the range really starts heating up this time of year).

I will have MGD (bottles) and soda chillin', along with iced tea and I have a pretty good stock of wine and other hard stuff if you are so inclined. Basically bring what you want to. Added bonus that either day there is football on TV too.

LET'S TALK GUNS (and whatever else comes to mind).

Almost forgot - Hey, if any PaFOA members are going to be in the SC area that weekend stop on by, you're more than welcome to join us if only a brief stop by to say "hey".

Since this thread isn't that long, I don't think we need to start another for this.

(Centre County)

either day is good for me. pick time someone
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

Ron, I'm ok with either day (weekend off) so why don't we let this thread run untill sunday with the open offer and see what day would be better for anyone else and then announce on sunday evening? What time works best for you? I perfer the afternoon, maybe 1300 or later.

PS I bought a Sig P226 last night at gander mtn in wilpo for 4 out the door! WOOHOO it's in 9mm, I'm still trying to date it but it seems to be early 90's import.

CHeers
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

Josh,

sounds good to me, I think that most will be leaning towards Sun 10/21, Noon-1 PM start. Sunday night or Monday morning I'll start a new post with all the particulars so everyone can see it.