Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default KEL-TEC owners question

hey guy's,I just picked up a real nice shape used pf9, it has a super low round count as it shows no wear what so ever,my friend has one and he has about 150 rounds through his and his looks much much more worn,anyway the guy at the gun store said the other owner bought it new shot it a couple of times and traded it back in,he said he hated it cuz it was like catching a swinging hammer every time he shot it! but i was wondering if anyone knows how to determine what series or what year it is? it has a blued upper and a black lower with the plastic mag release button,i mention all these features because the older pf9 were loaded with problems and they were grey lowers,blued uppers and plastic mag buttons, the newer ones have metal mag release buttons,parkerized,blued or hard chrome uppers,and matte black lowers, i went to the range with it and it works great so far! we shall see.

(Berks County)

Default Re: KEL-TEC owners question

I would say you need to contact kel-tec direct and ask about the way they number guns. Also you might try and find a hard core Kel-tec owners group forum. Their are several Glock web sites that list serial number and manufacture dates so you might be able to find one like that for kel-tec.

(Monroe County)

cobaltss.......... after i posted here i did some searching , and found a kel tec web site, KTOG.ORG and they had tons of info on these guns................thanks

(Monroe County)

OK just to update/end the thread, i just called KEL-TEC and the production date of my pf9 is 6/2008 and they said that all internal upgrades are in that gun,except the metal mag catch as they proceeded to ask for my address to send me one for free, super customer service!