Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Do you ever worry about people finding out you own firearms?

When I got my gun not too long ago (not even a month yet ) I was paranoid about people finding out I owned a gun and robbing my house to get it. It's not that there aren't other things people might not try to rob you of, but a gun is a dangerous tool, and if it gets stolen the consequences are much more dire.

I joked with one of my friends that telling peope you own a gun is a tough call because you always have to be ready to shoot whoever you tell should they decide to come and rob you. It's the gun owner's duty to ensure that the gun doesn't fall into the wrong hands IMO, shooting thieves was just a joke (but IANAL, doctor, priest, judge, etc).

So, am I the only paranoid gun owner here, or do others worry about their gun(s) being found out? I mean it's not like gun owners are ever paranoid or anything right ?

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Do you ever worry about people finding out you own firearms?

Yes and no. Everyting not being carried is secure , but I l also don't have NRA stickers on the car. Our bakery does have the Guns OK signs,

(Jefferson County)

Not me... Knock on 10 doors around here and 11 of them will have a gun.. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I don't advertise. No car stickers, no pro 2a or firearms manufacture clothing. I CC.

I'll talk firearms with any friends that want to but not with acquaintances.

My mantra is I want to integrate carrying into my lifestyle, not my lifestyle into carrying.

I have friends and interests that would normally lie on the side of those who oppose gun rights. I believe that everyone is entitled to there own opinions however flawed I may see them. I don't want to have to change what I do or where I go just because I now carry.

(Clinton County)

I can not think of a house near us that does not have guns. Some may not use them much. The problem is that most own guns but that does not mean they support the carry of a gun or owning anything you can not hunt with.

I work 11-7am and most know that. We make it a point to say that my wife sleeps with at least one gun beside her. Plus they know we have been going to training and she knows how to use them. We also OC.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Chester County)

not worried about it at all. i think people knowing that i own guns will make them LESS likely to rob me

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyComplicated View Post
    When I got my gun not too long ago (not even a month yet ) I was paranoid about people finding out I owned a gun and robbing my house to get it. It's not that there aren't other things people might not try to rob you of, but a gun is a dangerous tool, and if it gets stolen the consequences are much more dire.

I joked with one of my friends that telling peope you own a gun is a tough call because you always have to be ready to shoot whoever you tell should they decide to come and rob you. It's the gun owner's duty to ensure that the gun doesn't fall into the wrong hands IMO, shooting thieves was just a joke (but IANAL, doctor, priest, judge, etc).

So, am I the only paranoid gun owner here, or do others worry about their gun(s) being found out? I mean it's not like gun owners are ever paranoid or anything right ?
    "Finding out" and "stolen" are two different concepts.

Finding out to another gun owner might mean something interesting to talk about, maybe a new friend.

Do use discretion. To some non-gun people, gun related discussion* might be an implied threat. To others, an "opportunity" when you're away from home. Do you have a gun safe yet?

I lived in West Chester (WC) years go. Back then, a non-gun household was an exception. You might know the type -- the funny sounding last name, something not quite right about them...is it the gait? But, I digress. Now with the campus pretty much wagging the dog, the tides' shifting. However, there are still many gunowners in WC. IIRC, most are on the west side of town.

* Particularly discussion your gun collection.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Tioga County)

Darn near everyone in town knows I own guns. Its even been in the local rag.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    Yes and no. Everyting not being carried is secure , but I l also don't have NRA stickers on the car. Our bakery does have the Guns OK signs,
    Not worried at all, just me though.

I really do understand forgoing the NRA stickers on the car however
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Berks County)

Not worried at all.

My old SUV had NRA, USMC, Glock, S&W, PAFOA and a few others on it....

My house is like a fortress....all of my guns are locked up and we have an alarm so I really dont know how anyone would get in to steal anything.

About two weeks ago my one cat set off the basement motion around 2am.(he snuck down as we were doing laundry)...I wasnt even downstairs yet and the alarm company was already on the panel.

I did buy a new SUV though and it only has a small NRA and USMC decal on it....I might put more on in the future (Glock, PAFOA etc...). I live on a somewhat congested block in the city and havent ever had any issues....(knock on wood)

I assume my neighbors know I am armed to the teeth...but its not because I run my mouth about it...
    Last edited by Kodiak; June 13th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast