Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default The wifes target

I bought a Buckmark Camper a few days ago, and had the wife out shooting for the third time in her life. This is her last target of the day. 10 shots at seven yards.
    I may have created a monster. She has asked me twice now since Friday, when are we going shooting again. What a woman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: The wifes target

Good for her! Enjoy that camper, I love mine.
    I own guns!

(Dauphin County)

If she's into guns and shooting, then take her...
    My wife was into it, now not anymore, shopping is her thing now...
    The Good thing is now my son is my new shooting buddy...

(Westmoreland County)

wow nice shot!!!
    Tricia

Guns don't kill people, Husbands who come home early do!!~~Larry the Cable Guy in Blue collar comedy tour (I think not exactly sure)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    I bought a Buckmark Camper a few days ago, and had the wife out shooting for the third time in her life. This is her last target of the day. 10 shots at seven yards.
    I may have created a monster. She has asked me twice now since Friday, when are we going shooting again. What a woman.
    Nice shooting by the wife!
    Last edited by itstock; October 16th, 2007 at 07:49 AM.

(Delaware County)

Very nice. She seems a natural. Do I need to remind you not to piss her off?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    Very nice. She seems a natural. Do I need to remind you not to piss her off?
    She told me she wanted to know how to shoot the thing because there have been a few break-ins in my area in the last few months. One of them resulting in a rape. I work in the evening a few nights a week and am happy to report that I finally got her to stop falling asleep on the sofa with the front door wide open.
    I know the .22 is not the best HD weapon, but she will not touch any of the other calibers. It's better than nothing, and she can put ten rounds COM with ease.

(Indiana County)

Wifey-poo gave me the cash to go get a 9mm (this way we can both handle it - my son's .40-cal. is way too heavy for her). She's even receptive to me teaching her how to use it (coming from suburban Connecticut she was raised with the "guns are bad" theory, but since living here in Rural Pennsylvania has since learned otherwise).

I suppose a full-size picture of husband's face would be a social no-no for a target? Might give people the wrong ipression. Just a thought.

(Lawrence County)

Hey, with half the shots in the bull and the other half not that far off, I would say she can only get better...

Chazkeepherman321
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Chester County)

I know the .22 is not the best HD weapon, but she will not touch any of the other calibers. It's better than nothing, and she can put ten rounds COM with ease.
    Have her learn where the major arteries and veins are, get a human size target, and practice aiming at the gushers. My wife loved her little .22 auto loader and when we took a handgun safety and self defense class taught by the Florida SP, the trooper told us that small calibers can be very effective for self defense when you know their strengths and weaknesses. I made the mistake of making some flip remark about rather having my S&W .357 mag. over her peashooter anyday, and he proceeded to show me how fast he could remove a 2 and 1/2 pound piece of steel from my hand while she kept a firm grip on to her 12 oz. "peashooter".

The trooper said that although the first shot may just piss off a bg, it will cause him to hesitate long enough for her to take aim at his femoral artery or jugglar vein, and a person has a better chance of surviving a .32 to the heart than he does if you open up one of these bad boys.

I ribbed her once about her .22 when we went to the range and I wanted to talk her into a bigger caliber, but she just said if she ever had to use a gun in self defense, it doesn't matter whether a bg bleeds out all over the floor, or his blood is all over the wall, dead is dead. Then she laughed at me and put her 1" group that she shot in 3 seconds next to my 1 and 1/2 " group that took me about 10 seconds to get off, and I've kept my mouth shut ever since.
    Last edited by str8shooter; December 9th, 2007 at 07:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast