Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default What's the scoop with the Sig Pro 2022?

I have a Sig Pro 2022 (9mm). A while back, I heard that Sig Sauer was going to stop making them (and replaced them with the P250). Does anyone know for sure if sig has discontinued the SP line? Or are they still in production?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: What's the scoop with the Sig Pro 2022?

I received a sig pro 2009 in a deal a few weeks ago. I called sig and asked a few questions about the gun and was told that the 2009 is no longer in production and that the 2002 took it's place and was still in production but only for a specific order. When that order is complete, it will not be produced any more. I was told that "there are and will be a lot of after market parts for the 2002, but after 10 years, who knows?"
    Hope this helps.
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by yldwill View Post
    I received a sig pro 2009 in a deal a few weeks ago. I called sig and asked a few questions about the gun and was told that the 2009 is no longer in production and that the 2002 took it's place and was still in production but only for a specific order. When that order is complete, it will not be produced any more. I was told that "there are and will be a lot of after market parts for the 2002, but after 10 years, who knows?"
    Hope this helps.
    Yeah, I heard that they were replacing it with the P250. I don't understand sig. They have an excellent pistol that's being replaced with something that has an DAO trigger. Sigh.

In accordance with the others, the 250 is replacing the 2022. Stopping at the local gun shops around town recently, and talked to the different employees and they all said the same thing.

Main reason they are doing it is because of the modular system they created in the 250. You can buy multiple sizes of grips to swap out the insides from the 250, so you can have a full size or a subcompact. While that does mean they only have to spit out thousands of polymer frames, and a few inside parts, you will have to buy the frames you like, etc.

I tried the DAO trigger dryfire at the shop, it honestly wasn't terrible, but that's my only experience with it, and my own 2 cents.

(York County)

Here's a good link for the 2022: http://lundestudio.com/SigProFAQ/

That link's dead for me right now, for techie reasons, but it will probably work for you. It might answer your question, but if not, I'll write what I recall here:

I believe the pistol will be manufactured until the year 2022 as part of a contract with the French police. But it's not sold in the US any more, having been replaced by the 250.

So, on one hand, it's got a limited lifespan. On the other hand, all pistols do, and in this case, you know the duration. On the other hand, it's primarily a European pistol, so parts will be more difficult to come across in the US. On the other hand, it's a very affordable pistol. On the other hand, it's reputation is being unfriendly to smaller hands. On the other hand, it also has a reputation for high accuracy and ease of use. On the other hand, it's a polymer. On the other hand, it's a freaking Sig.

I own one, as my first and only gun, because I jumped on a deal, and was enamored with the Sig name. Not really great reasons for buying a gun. But it's been a very good learning pistol for me, and I think was ultimately a good purchase. It's kind of like owning a Fender Jaguar. It's not their most known, highly-coveted product, but it's definitely of the same bloodline.