Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY stabbing...

(Allegheny County)

Default NY stabbing...

Heard about this on Glen Beck today. Horrific story... many people running away leaving the woman to die!!! Shame no one had a CCW. Oh yeah, they don't like CCW citizens in NYC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...cho_goes_.html

Took an off-duty cop with his off-duty weapon to man-up and take this psycho out.

Hope the woman recovers.

(Chester County)

Default Re: NY stabbing...

What killed me was near the end, the cops gave the cop that saved her a sobriety test. What the f***? He saves someone's life, and this is the thanks he gets for it. What else I don't get, all those people and no one helped. It's getting to be bad in today's society where no one helps anyone out anymore from fear of being sued or something else.

(Philadelphia County)

Apparently the NYPD sobriety check policy came out of the Sean Bell shooting IIRC, there was some noise at the time that the cops involved were drinking. I could only speculate though. But in this case, even if the off duty cop was completely plastered I don't see why it would matter. He didn't hit anything other than his intended target.

It seems like this sort of thing happens in New York at least once a year or so. Anyone know of the last time Philly had a madman go on a rampage? Sure seems like there's no shortage of the mentally ill walking around.
    Last edited by LouW; October 8th, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

(Jefferson County)

This is a prime example where Hue & Cry needs to be moved from commonlaw to coded law. If you do not respond to a cry for help or assistance with an arrest - you are held liable criminally and civilly. This country is falling apart because people dont help others in need. And the government(state and city) that forced the disarming of those citizens needs to be found liable and as treasonous tyrants.

There was an incident a couple months ago where a man was raping a woman in a hallway, but people walked by without doing something, others just looked out their doors. Only one person attempted to do something, another called 911 well into the attack.

Phuck that crap! If something like that goes down by me, I'll do something even if it get myself killed. I dont care.. I'd rather be dead(killed by the criminal or death chamber) than allow someone to do something so violent and get away with it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    This is a prime example where Hue & Cry needs to be moved from commonlaw to coded law. If you do not respond to a cry for help or assistance with an arrest - you are held liable criminally and civilly. This country is falling apart because people dont help others in need. And the government(state and city) that forced the disarming of those citizens needs to be found liable and as treasonous tyrants.

There was an incident a couple months ago where a man was raping a woman in a hallway, but people walked by without doing something, others just looked out their doors. Only one person attempted to do something, another called 911 well into the attack.

Phuck that crap! If something like that goes down by me, I'll do something even if it get myself killed. I dont care.. I'd rather be dead(killed by the criminal or death chamber) than allow someone to do something so violent and get away with it.
    the government has no right to force you to risk your life for another. I just can't help but think that if this happened in a shall issue state good people like yourself would have been able to come to the aid of this woman before an off duty cop stumbled upon the scene.
    Last edited by MarcS; October 9th, 2007 at 01:50 AM.

Quite honestly ... I would prefer to pick and choose my own fights, too!

i'm not fighting a guy that has a gun when i have a knife, not fighting a guy with a knife when i have my fists... quite frankly its pointless, if they mean business your gonna die, if they dont mean business and you somehow stop them they werent gonna use it when it came to it anyway most likley

(Pike County)

i saw this story on the news the same night it happened as i work in zoo york,,,this is an almost common occurance in zoo york,,the criminals walk brazenly around town knowing they can attack anyone at anyplace at anytime,no ones armed,,,god forbid if you carry a blade on you thats more than 4 inches long,,no one wants too help , thats the mentality on the streets of zyc,

(Washington County)

I dont know how any of those sheep that ran away can live with themselves. So the guy had some knives... dont they have anything to throw at him? Someone in that crowd has to be able to throw a soda can with enough speed as to distract him.

Heck, if it gets him chasing me, I can run, I can throw more things at the guy... as long as he stops killing the girl.

My best friend had a similar experiance a few weeks ago in Brentwood (pgh). He was driving along with another friend on teh way back from lunch. Near a liquor store they saw a woman, lying on the ground, with a phone laying near her. People just walked by.. never paid any attention.

Turns out she had a mild epilectic episode, which made her collapse while talking on the phone.

Sad place we live in today, everyone is so concerned about themselves and what they can get for themselves next.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    the government has no right to force you to risk your life for another. I just can't help but think that if this happened in a shall issue state good people like yourself would have been able to come to the aid of this woman before an off duty cop stumbled upon the scene.
    Right - yes and no.. The government has no rights, it only has powers. And if we follow English Common Law, which we do - then yes it can. Failure to report a known crime is proof that a bystander can be help liable for another person's crime. And I can point out one state that you are absolutely liable if you dont respond in some means after hearing a cry for help. ...maybe more, however I have yet to investigate the other 48(excluding PA and the known state in that search).

We the people are solely responsible for the enforcement of our laws, not the police. Article I, Section 8 even defines the duty of the militia (you, me and Joe Smo) to execute the laws of the land.

Just because you dont have a gun, it doesn't mean you cant intervene. Use a car for the love of God and run him down. Throw rocks at him. Pick of a club, ball bat, tree limb, wine bottle and beat him in the back of the head. Or at least call the police and distract the perp.

I do agree though, even if it was a more "liberal" May-Issue state, the outcome would have been different. Even under NY's own laws, killing that perp would have been justified by anyone.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast