Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default A little goodwill amongst us here...

On any forum, on any topic, people will agree and disagree, we all know this. On issues and topics we're all passionate about, things can get heated. We might get really nasty with someone (hopefully within forum guidelines), but I would hope that such spirited disagreements don't blemish how you feel about the individuals you've disagreed with. In any event, even if they do, it's nice to have good, positive threads once in a while. I often think about the people I've met face-to-face here and the good discussions I've had with people I want to meet. I know that a lot of this can be found in the group shoot threads, but I figured maybe we could all take a moment out of our busy debates and say something nice about another PAFOA member.

There are so many great people here, so where do we start?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: A little goodwill amongst us here...

Thanks for the thread 97, I have met, in person, about 100 forum members, between informal shooting outings and the organized westie shoots and the one eatie shoot we've had, can't say I dislike anyone I've met here. Even among those where no F2F contact was made I can count on one hand how many have gotten under my skin, I don't really hate anyone here.

If I had to pick one person to say something nice about it would be Danp, I've met and shot with Dan several times, always a pleasant good time was had. I don't know if Dan could have imagined how this thing of his would take off, but I'm glad he came up with the PAFOA forum, I have learned a lot, I have laughed a lot, and I have made a lot of new friends, kudos to you Danp.

Bill

nice thread, good idear been some waves(not huge but they are there) around this place latley good to see this...

gotta start w/ the MANY forum members like byker, EM, rand that are just all around good guys, its next to impossible to find guys like them with their attidudes and outlooks on life and theres more just on this forum than I can count on 2hands so that says alot right there

(Venango County)

I can't say anything bad about anyone...I especially liked meeting the 90 some odd people at the last shoot

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Westmoreland County)

PAFOA is responsible for everything I know about firearms. I came here when thinking about my first but never posted. I then bought my first and became a rare poster and as I acquired more (9 total since last August. 8 this year). I won't say I am an activist but I've made strides in that direction regarding the RKBA since becoming a member here.

I've met my FFL (GRoPA) here. Emptymag gave me my first shooting invite ever and in turn that spawned the Group Shoots that have become so popular in the SWPA area. I had only ever shot at trees and only a few times before his invite. I'm now a member at the club (PMSC) and a semi-regular shooter. I still suck but I have lots of guns and live day-2-day for another.

I don't want to start with the naming names and leaving anyone out but there's a lot of people, pretty much everyone I've met at a Group Shoot and gotten to talk with, that have really been awesome. I really appreciate the opportunity to meet such cool folks of all walks of life and sit down and come together over a smoking gun.

I'd probably be a no-gun or a one-gun man that goes 6 months between shots hadn't it been for this site.

Thanks to all!
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Allegheny County)

I would like to send out 'some positive waves' to everybody.
    Too many nice people to name.

(Allegheny County)

Crazy props to Frenchy, DanP, Soberbyker, Emptymag, Beartitan, Koli, Gunrunner, Chaz, man there are so many people I am sure to leave people out but there are SOOO many knowledgable people on this board I am sure to leave them out. But thanks for everyone that goes out of their way to help someone else. I would just like to see the crazy enthusiasm that went into the September shoot come back into the hearts of some of the people who have kinda gone ho-hum on the October shoot. There was so much "advertising" for the shoot on the forum for the last one and it was very cool. Just feels like more of a defeatist thing going on for the next one. Perhaps that is just my perseption but my 2c on the idea.

Overall, not a better group of folks out there than the peeps that post on here and make it a point to help without judging, offer advice without condecending, and point out mistakes without raised voices.
    Last edited by Montanya; October 8th, 2007 at 09:25 PM.

(Bedford County)

I have only had the chance to meet a few people here, but I enjoyed eveyone of them.

Thanks to Danp and everyone that makes this thing roll.

I'm just happy to be here!!!

...now where's that keg?

(Centre County)

I agree with ya! There are a good bunch of folks in here and I especially appreciate the way that no one tried to humiliate me when I said a few things that made my lack of gun experience apparent. The biggest challenge for me to remain civil so far has definitely been the 80's music thread. Many of you brought up great selections, but man, would I like to give a few of you a piece of my mind! But in the spirit of grace and harmony I will let your almost unforgivably terrible taste in music go.

P.S. I can't wait to go to a Scotia shoot!

(Allegheny County)

Good topic. I have met a lot of people due this forum. I have yet to meet an a*hole. That makes me worry cause there is an a*hole in every crowd. If you can't pick out the a*hole then it's gotta be you.

Everyone I have met has been great. I keep walking away from these group shoots thinking about how well everyone got along. No arguements, yelling or warning shots to be found.

I can't single anyone out cause it wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

So....from the a*hole to all of you folks...............thanks for some great times!!

GRoPA
    Last edited by GRoPA; October 8th, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast