Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Looking for a club with long rifle ranges . . .

Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association has a 1000 yard rifle range. Also has a pistol range, shotgun patterning area, 5 stand, archery, 400+ acres for members to hunt on, and more. It's about a 2 hour drive from Wernersville, but annual membership fee is only $40 for an individual, or $50 for a family.

(Berks County)

[QUOTE=tl_3237;1241965]Correct.

They are within a mile or two of each other.

Links:
    http://www.penndutchsportsmen.com/index.html

http://nhrpc.org/

Penn Dutch is the cheapest and requires no meeting attendance or assessments. They are about 25 miles from Wernersville.[/QUOTE Thanks!- this looks like what I was looking for, too. Make a good christmas present to myself.

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.

(Berks County)

bringing this back from the dead...

I'm interested in joining Penn Dutch because of the long ranges, but the application says you must mail in your application and wait until the next meeting to be approved. That's ridiculous.

Every club I've found in all of PA has a mail-in and wait type of membership service. Are there no clubs that one could hand someone a wad of money for membership and and shoot the same day?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post

I'm interested in joining Penn Dutch because of the long ranges, but the application says you must mail in your application and wait until the next meeting to be approved. That's ridiculous.

Every club I've found in all of PA has a mail-in and wait type of membership service. Are there no clubs that one could hand someone a wad of money for membership and and shoot the same day?
    That's the deal with every club I know of . . .

Myerstown Rod & Gun, in Eastern Lebanon Co.( 1/4 Mi. from the Berks Co. line)

You go to Lauchs Sporting Goods in Myerstown, pay to join, and walk out with a card. You can then drive the 2 1/2 mi. to the range and shoot.
    They only have 25, 50, & 100 yds. though.
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

(Mifflin County)

Are there no clubs that one could hand someone a wad of money for membership and and shoot the same day?
    Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association. Off the top of my head, you can purchase a membership from HD Peffer's Army/Navy Surplus (325 S Main St, Lewistown, PA 17044 ) or Dan Pierce Outdoors (842 W 4th St
    Lewistown, PA 17044)

(Chester County)

Also note that Penn Dutch memberships run Jan-Dec. They do not pro-rate so if you join in Nov your dues only take you out to Dec and your renewal is due in Jan.

You can contact ROBERT K. GROFF 717-471-5210 for further info as to when to submit you appl. and how the Jan-Dec is applied. He handles all the membership stuff.

That being said, Penn Dutch is a great club for the price and,as has been mentioned, there's no work/attendance commitments. Been there for two years and its my primary go to place even though I have membership to another club 1 mile from my house.

Also note that:
    "Member guests may include ONLY - member's spouse
    or persons under age 16 - NO EXCEPTIONS. Must be accompanied by member".

Some find this restrictive - others find it as an effective way of assuring range availabilty for members. Personally I understand the reason for the rule and abide by it.

http://www.penndutchsportsmen.com/index.html
    IANAL

(Berks County)

Alright, thanks for the responses everyone. I'll keep some in mind. Yesterday's post was out of frustration. We were trying to find a decent outdoor range to shoot at and everything I found requires a ridiculous waiting period or meeting attendance and approval and whatever else people come up with. I understand it keeps the trash out and makes it better for members in the long run but it makes it extremely difficult to decide which club to join if I can't 'try before I buy'. I refuse to hand someone $50-$150 for a year's membership without even seeing the club or how they run their range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12