Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Baltimore off-duty police officer Kills unarmed Marine Vet Shooting him 9 times!!!

Yet more Disgusting news from MD .... An off duty officer KIlls a man ( vet at that) in a dispute & not only was the Officer not arrested but he is still on the JOB!!! am I missing something here? I Have read & been told it is illegal for an Off duty officer to carry his fire arm ..the officer aslo is in a bar with his firearm, that cant be right? he also has a history of wrongful shooting while intoxicated .. WTF!! if he wasn't a cop he would be in JAIL!!! am I wrong is this not messed up??

Police said they have focused on seven people who viewed the altercation between Tyrone Brown, a 32-year-old former Marine who served in Iraq, and Officer Gahiji A. Tshamba. Those witnesses, they said, are not connected to the victim or the officer, who was allegedly angered after Brown touched the behind of Tshamba's female companion as two groups of friends gathered near an entrance to a club.
    Link
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6662908.story

Please Forgive my misspelling of " Marine " in the thread title .. mods Please Help I was typing to fast .. Thanks .
    Last edited by JohnnyBmore; June 8th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
    "Emergency's seldom favor the unprepared"

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Baltimore off-duty police officer Kills unarmed Marian Vet Shooting him 9 times!!

How can you not be suspended after all that? How? I know it's MD, but seriously... you can just murder people now, and keep your job and stay out of prison??

EDIT: Ok, I just saw it that he was suspended... but this guy should be in a holding cell.. not at a desk!
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; June 8th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
    III%

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Baltimore off-duty police officer Kills unarmed Marian Vet Shooting him 9 times!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBmore View Post
    Yet more Disgusting news from MD .... An off duty officer KIlls a man ( vet at that) in a dispute & not only was the Officer not arrested but he is still on the JOB!!! am I missing something here? I Have read & been told it is illegal for an Off duty officer to carry his fire arm ..the officer aslo is in a bar with his firearm, that cant be right? he also has a history of wrongful shooting while intoxicated .. WTF!! if he wasn't a cop he would be in JAIL!!! am I wrong is this not messed up??

Link
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6662908.story

Please Forgive my misspelling of " Marine " in the thread title .. mods Please Help I was typing to fast .. Thanks .
    already posted.
    Gott mit uns

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerh4ppy View Post
    already posted.
    snap !! .. my bad .. Link??

PS .. Thanks Mods.
    Last edited by JohnnyBmore; June 8th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Baltimore off-duty police officer Kills unarmed Marine Vet Shooting him 9 times!!

For clarity: the part about off-duty not being allowed to carry is untrue. Off-duty police officers in MD are allowed, encouraged actually, to carry their weapons. Bars notwithstanding.

Default Re: Baltimore off-duty police officer Kills unarmed Marine Vet Shooting him 9 times!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro3604 View Post
    For clarity: the part about off-duty not being allowed to carry is untrue. Off-duty police officers in MD are allowed, encouraged actually, to carry their weapons. Bars notwithstanding.
    yeah I did'nt know the facts about that .. I just read & been told while learning about getting a CCL in MD when I lived there... For the record I thought it was ridiculous that an officer couldn't carry off duty .

Once again to Clarify .. your saying it is legal to carry off duty in Baltimore City?