Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Good talk with the Tastykake guy

I stopped by the store this morning on my way home from work to grab some tastykakes for my buddy in Arizona, whom I'm headed out to visit later this week. The route driver/ owner was there stocking up the displays and we got to talking about how my friends missed tastykakes and porkroll and I spoke about our plans to go out to the range and that I'll have one bag with clothes and another with guns, tastykakes and porkroll. Well that then started a very nice, friendly conversation on guns, gun laws, reciprocity and life experiences.

It was a real nice chat. Lasted about 45 minutes or so. We shared our opinions on a few things and I got to clear up some mis-information and laws for him. I mentioned the site and the gun rights flyer and he was very receptive and interested, so after I checked out, I got one out of the car and took it back into the store to give to him and we spoke for about 10 more minutes. Very nice guy and a great conversation. It was probably the 4th or 5th flyer that I've given out and probably the 1st that I think will get read and used for its full educational value. Maybe we'll have a new member soon or at least a lurker who'll learn some valuable lessons.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Good talk with the Tastykake guy

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    I stopped by the store this morning on my way home from work to grab some tastykakes for my buddy in Arizona, whom I'm headed out to visit later this week. The route driver/ owner was there stocking up the displays and we got to talking about how my friends missed tastykakes and porkroll and I spoke about our plans to go out to the range and that I'll have one bag with clothes and another with guns, tastykakes and porkroll. Well that then started a very nice, friendly conversation on guns, gun laws, reciprocity and life experiences.

It was a real nice chat. Lasted about 45 minutes or so. We shared our opinions on a few things and I got to clear up some mis-information and laws for him. I mentioned the site and the gun rights flyer and he was very receptive and interested, so after I checked out, I got one out of the car and took it back into the store to give to him and we spoke for about 10 more minutes. Very nice guy and a great conversation. It was probably the 4th or 5th flyer that I've given out and probably the 1st that I think will get read and used for its full educational value. Maybe we'll have a new member soon or at least a lurker who'll learn some valuable lessons.
    You maybe surprised at how many will read the flyer that you give out. I have given out many. I am surprised at some of the people who I see later and have more questions or say they learned alot from the flyer.

Keep educating.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(York County)

M M m m m m m m ! ! ! !

T a s t y k a k e s ! ! !

What could be better than the taste of Tastykakes and the smell of gunpowder???????

Good Educating..... this site has some great resources....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    What could be better than the taste of Tastykakes and the smell of gunpowder???????
    The taste of BACON trumps all other flavors, regardless of what it is accompanied by.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Bucks County)

Tastykake online

Friend can have Tastykake even in AZ...

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: Good talk with the Tastykake guy

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Tastykake online

Friend can have Tastykake even in AZ...
    Thanks for the link and idea. Can't beat Shoprite this week though. Tastykakes are 5 boxes for $10. Way cheaper than than the prices on the site, but the site does have some nice gift ideas.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    The taste of BACON trumps all other flavors, regardless of what it is accompanied by.
    Who says you can't have bacon wrapped TastyCakes? You can have your TastyCake and eat it too!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here