Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Need help picking fiancees new gun

We were looking at Walther PK 380's and I did see a thread about it when I searched but I would like some more recent reviews on these and didn't feel like digging and old thread up for a third time.

I was thinking of getting a PPK 380 for the fiancee. She tried different guns out and this was one of the few that she could rack the slide on. She says she likes the grip and it seems to fit her nice. I want this gun to last her and I am a little wary about the barrel problem, small ammo capacity and that it only comes with a 1 year warranty. This will be her carry gun so she has to trust her life with it.

Did they fix the problem with the barrels getting eaten away on these? Any recent reviews of them? Maybe you could recommend something else. She needs something compact or smaller so she can carry concealed. I believe a 9mm compact would be to much recoil for her but we are open to suggestions. BTW the store that is selling the PPK is selling it for $350. She likes the look of the S&W Body Guard 380 but we havent seen one in person yet and I am not sure if she would be able to rack the slide. Should I spend the money on the Walther or get something else?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Need help picking fiancees new gun

Look into the Bersa .380
    Its compact, low recoil, easy to maintain and accurate. I own one but dont usually carry it as I prefer the .40 I have. However the Bersa has over 2000 rounds through it and NO malfs at all, eats whatever I feed it. Has a safety on the rear of the slide, though when I DO carry it safety is off and there is one in the chamber, also it has an automatic decocker so you cannot carry it cocked and locked (not really bad seeing as how the bersa is SA/DA) IMHO, its a great handgun and seems like it would suit your needs. Check it out and see what you think, most gun shops have them all the time and they sell pretty well.

(York County)

What type of warranty does Bersa have?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Bucks County)

I just purchased a kahr cw9. It's 9mm 7+1. The recoil on it surprised me. My ruger p85 has more recoil. My friends 9mm Walther has a hell of a lot more recoil. This kahr feels like it has barely more recoil then my sig mosquito. Do try one before making a decision.