Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: "Tactical shoot" 3 gun match

Thank you guys for putting on an awesome match today!

It was my first time trying 3-gun and I have to see it was lots of fun.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoak View Post

I agree....it was a blast. This was just my 3rd one & I'm hooked!

There are some great videos posted on you tube right now from last month & today (already).

Everyone involved in setting this shoot (and the others) up did a fantastic job (again). And how about that lunch for only $5.00???

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoak View Post

Don't let this guy fool ya, I think I was squaded up with him and he shot like true pro. He even shot my shotgun better than me one stage ....

this was also my first time also and I shot pretty crappy but still had more fun than I could of imaged. Will be there next month better prepared...

Kudo's to all the set this up and made it happen.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Here's a video of me shooting one of the stages. Yes, my AR fired a burst. Happened twice today. I used another shooter's lower with my upper for the last two stages and didn't have any problems. I don't know what the problem is. Guess I'll just install a new FCG for good measure?

It'll be HD once Youtube finishes processing it. Anyway, here's the video:

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Here's a video of me shooting one of the stages. Yes, my AR fired a burst. Happened twice today. I used another shooter's lower with my upper for the last two stages and didn't have any problems. I don't know what the problem is. Guess I'll just install a new FCG for good measure?

It'll be HD once Youtube finishes processing it. Anyway, here's the video:

I'd recommend a Geissele. I just put a SSA variant in mine and it's worlds better than the mil-spec RRA trigger that came with my LPK I had initially.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Berks County)

This sounds like what I am looking for. I was on a shooting team years ago in the 82nd Airborne and would love to get back into competition. Can someone please tell me when and where I can watch and possibly join? Also what type of pistol(s) are best. I remember I fired a Beretta 92. Must there be modifications made or can it be 'out of the box'? Thank you.

(Perry County)

All you could want to know about 3-gun (or other actin shooting), can be find on Brian Enos forum.

For local matches Heidelberg has a once a month multi-gun and as this thread shows one uses an auto pistol (revolvers are allowed of course but can't compete because of the number of shots and the resultant reloads). There is no advantage for big bullets so a 9mm is ideal, although 40 or .5 is no huge problem. Holsters need to be practicle, (no USPSA open rigs), your concealed carry holster is perfect. Shot guns aren't loaded on the clock and I don't recall any with more than 6 shots so a real USPSA shotgun with 8+1 isn't required. I use a pump, but an auto is slightly faster. Rifles, the ranges at Heidelburg are pretty limited, so excellent accuracy is somewhat optional. However, you will need to shoot about 50 yds and hit about 8" targets. Speed is the real deal, so less recoil (.223) is best. I've seen guys shoot AKs and even super cool .308s (I will shoot my Garrand one day) but the winners all use ARs.

Come on out you will enjoy the venue.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    All you could want to know about 3-gun (or other actin shooting), can be find on Brian Enos forum.

For local matches Heidelberg has a once a month multi-gun and as this thread shows one uses an auto pistol (revolvers are allowed of course but can't compete because of the number of shots and the resultant reloads). There is no advantage for big bullets so a 9mm is ideal, although 40 or .5 is no huge problem. Holsters need to be practicle, (no USPSA open rigs), your concealed carry holster is perfect. Shot guns aren't loaded on the clock and I don't recall any with more than 6 shots so a real USPSA shotgun with 8+1 isn't required. I use a pump, but an auto is slightly faster. Rifles, the ranges at Heidelburg are pretty limited, so excellent accuracy is somewhat optional. However, you will need to shoot about 50 yds and hit about 8" targets. Speed is the real deal, so less recoil (.223) is best. I've seen guys shoot AKs and even super cool .308s (I will shoot my Garrand one day) but the winners all use ARs.

Come on out you will enjoy the venue.
    There has been shotgun reloading on the clock. And trust me, there will be again.

In the morning at work now, hope to get two hrs of sleep before heading down. Anyone else going ?
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Had a ton of fun yesterday shooting with Jay (Pagoda240) & Geoff....even though I shot like udder CRAP.....a whole wheelbarrow full of CRAP. Did pretty good on the rifle portion, but I would have been better throwing my pistol at the targets and throwing handfuls of 12g shells at targets instead of shooting them through a barrel of a gun. I have NO idea what was wrong with me other than I just need more trigger time at the range.

Watching Berks County Dave on the other hand was like watching a very,very well oiled sewing machine....simply amazing. Not only is he on a different level, I think he's from a different planet!

And, shooting 14+ rounds of shotgun on stage #1 was plain sadistic.....I LOVED it!!!!

Had a great time anyway & the Church Ladies lunch rocked again!

And as a reminder to anyone else, the Sept. shoot will be on a SUNDAY (3rd) and not a Saturday....
    Last edited by QUADZILLA; August 22nd, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast