Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Pocono Raceway?

Default Pocono Raceway?

Hey all, my wife and I will be heading up to the poconos camping this weekend and going to the nascar race. I was searching the site and only found one thread that didn't really come to any conclusions so I wanted to ask again: Is it legal to carry at the race? Do they wand/frisk when you enter?

Also, I think I know but is it legal to carry in state parks now? We will be staying at a state park while we camp and I just wanted to double and triple check.

I have a lockbox in the truck if I can't carry in the raceway, just wanted to know if anyone knew. Thanks for any help!

-Moose

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pocono Raceway?

Click this link you need adobe reader version 9

http://www.poconoraceway.com/images/fanguide.pdf

its the rules and regs of pocono raceway. From what i read, you can NOT carry at the raceway unless you are LEO.

On page 3:

The possession of any kind of weapon, fireworks, and/or any items that are restricted by Local, State or Federal laws. This policy includes those who have a permit to carry a firearm, excluding law enforcement personnel. There are no provisions for checking and holding weapons.

Hope it answers your question!

Thanks Steve!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    The possession of any kind of weapon, fireworks, and/or any items that are restricted by Local, State or Federal laws. This policy includes those who have a permit to carry a firearm, excluding law enforcement personnel. There are no provisions for checking and holding weapons.
    So would this include:

cigarettes / tobacco
    beer / alcohol
    over the counter medications
    prescription medications

What isn't restricted by local, state, or federal laws?

(Monroe County)

well since we have a License to carry........

This policy includes those who have a permit to carry a firearm

(Monroe County)

well since we have a License to carry........

Quote:
    This policy includes those who have a permit to carry a firearm
    I caught that too Chemical. I wish that could be used as a loophole around it.
    Also, your welcome Moose, Glad I could help.

(Northumberland County)

I was last there two years ago. I didn't carry that day, as I had never been there before and didn't know what to expect (wasn't a member here yet). When entering through the gate security was doing the normal check of bags/coolers, but no wanding or pat-downs of actual people. It seemed to me that they were looking for glass bottles, umbrellas, beach balls, etc...

On a related note... I was at the Dover race this year. I don't have a license that gives me Delaware, so I was not carrying. But their security check was the same as I found at Pocono two years prior. I walked in with no bags and wasn't even slowed down going through the line.
    Last edited by PensDevil; June 4th, 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PensDevil View Post
    I was last there two years ago. I didn't carry that day, as I had never been there before and didn't know what to expect (wasn't a member here yet). When entering through the gate security was doing the normal check of bags/coolers, but no wanding or pat-downs of actual people. It seemed to me that they were looking for glass bottles, umbrellas, beach balls, etc...

On a related note... I was at the Dover race this year. I don't have a license that gives me Delaware, so I was not carrying. But their security check was the same as I found at Pocono two years prior. I walked in with no bags and wasn't even slowed down going through the line.
    I was at Dover also...good race for me!!! LOL

Didn't think of it till now but I bought five tickets for Pocono June 6th but can't go...anyone want the tickets? Free to a good home!!!!!

Definitely "could" have carried there. Other than bags they didn't check any people. Its really funny that they took people's umbrellas and metal sun tan lotion bottles but didn't worry about knives or anything like that....