Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Its Race Weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    A nice house
    you have direct access to the state forest? :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    you have direct access to the state forest? :P
    Hehehehe I'm pretty darned close. Last week was in virginia, this whole week was spent painting, paper work, and getting services set up. I'll do some scouting for entrance points after the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

If I knew where you worked and what you had there I might just have to come by and buy something.

(Monroe County)

I moved from the bottom of mt effort to the top of mt effort. :/ fuck my life.
    Sucks to be you! LOL

I'm glad that I am at the bottom.

(Montgomery County)

So, none of you guys are glad that NASCAR brings a lot of revenue into your community? Sure the trafic might suck but look how much money is going into the area.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    So, none of you guys are glad that NASCAR brings a lot of revenue into your community? Sure the trafic might suck but look how much money is going into the area.
    Revenue for big business and resorts. Resorts that are already running in a tourist area, and don't do anything that requires more workers simply for race weekend. There is actually a minimal amount of money coming into the community. Almost all of the nascar workers travel, that includes the people who grill burgers. Nobody around here is gaining employment because of nascar, and maybe a handful of small restaurants in a 20 mile radius make bank over the weekend, good for them. All the vendors travel from show to show, again, nothing for the community.

Some money will make it into the hands of the local government, but I would be interested in seeing how it is spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

Revenue for big business and resorts. Resorts that are already running in a tourist area, and don't do anything that requires more workers simply for race weekend. There is actually a minimal amount of money coming into the community. Almost all of the nascar workers travel, that includes the people who grill burgers. Nobody around here is gaining employment because of nascar, and maybe a handful of small restaurants in a 20 mile radius make bank over the weekend, good for them. All the vendors travel from show to show, again, nothing for the community.

Some money will make it into the hands of the local government, but I would be interested in seeing how it is spent.

So, you're saying that no one spends money for gas, smokes, booze, food or any of that locally? I don't know, I’ve been to a few NASCAR races over my years and I always end up spending money local to the track I’m at.

Don't they need to hire people for the track that weekend? I'm pretty sure NASCAR does not provide the parking lot folks, the people that show you your seats, and the concession peeps.

I seriously can not believe that it doesn't generate hundreds of thousands of dollars for the locals. Think about it. On average there are what 80K people at the race. Of that if 40K spent just $10 locally that would be $400,000. I'd be willing to bet that more than $10 is spent per 40K.

I’m not trying to argue, I’ve been to Pocono and know what the traffic is like. So, it’s gotta shut you locals down. However, I think it’s got to generate a decent dollar for the local business.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    So, you're saying that no one spends money for gas, smokes, booze, food or any of that locally? I don't know, I’ve been to a few NASCAR races over my years and I always end up spending money local to the track I’m at.

Don't they need to hire people for the track that weekend? I'm pretty sure NASCAR does not provide the parking lot folks, the people that show you your seats, and the concession peeps.

I seriously can not believe that it doesn't generate hundreds of thousands of dollars for the locals. Think about it. On average there are what 80K people at the race. Of that if 40K spent just $10 locally that would be $400,000. I'd be willing to bet that more than $10 is spent per 40K.

I’m not trying to argue, I’ve been to Pocono and know what the traffic is like. So, it’s gotta shut you locals down. However, I think it’s got to generate a decent dollar for the local business.
    Two PSU students that worked part-time at the Dentention center were from near the track. They would stay in area for the summer and worked at the Center. Except on race weekends they would go home to work at the track. They said working 2 days at the track they made the same as working 80 hours at the center. This was over 10 years ago though
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Lackawanna County)

ahhh, I love to see all the Nassholes come back to NEPA twice a year LOL I will take the back way home instead of 115 that is for sure!

(Schuylkill County)

Why don't some one set up aside [ is that a word ] of the road and sell PAFOA TEE shirts. Or what I'm saying is can you turn your mis fortune into your fortune. Think of some way to cash in . There are a lot of people with a lot of money to spend. I'm just saying. Take advantage!!!!!

Instead of worring about the traffic, you should be worried about counting the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast