Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What is the worst gun you ever owned?

What is the worst gun you ever owned?

(York County)

Default Re: What is the worst gun you ever owned?

I owned a Taurus PT92AFS long enough to find out that getting past the break-in didn't help the reliability. Nice looking pistol. Very unreliable, at least mine was.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: What is the worst gun you ever owned?

PISTOL: Norinco 1911 - bought it brand new, & the damn thing started jamming on HARDBALL midway through the second magazine - never DID run right.

RIFLE: PWA-HBAR back in the early 90's. Dog of a rifle; I'm glad PWA went out of business!

Haven't had a bad shotgun... yet...

Bob

For me, it probably would be the Kel-Tec P11. I just could never seemingly go more than 100 rounds w/o some sort of jamming or fail to feed issue. It just felt like crap too, and I couldn't bring myself to trust it to save my life if needed. I sold it and never looked back.

(Lancaster County)

I haven't owned any bad guns yet! Lucky me...At least I will know what to stay away from in the future...Thanks for the input guys!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Pike County)

AutoOrdinance 1927A1 semi auto carbine, could not get off more than 3 shots without a jam.

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down Re: What is the worst gun you ever owned?

Yugo M59/66.

Had it for three weeks while I tried in vain to fix it. Something was wrong with the gas system...probably at the gas port in the barrel. It ABSOLUTELY would not cycle. The bolt would come back about an inch then go forward. Even an armorer at the gun store couldn't get it to work.

The thing was soaked in cosmoline. I cleaned that bitch 3 times and cosmo still dripped out of the action when firing!!

The non-chrome lined barrel was a joy. Apparently my rifle had belonged to Private Pyle before me (Yugoslav/Serbian Army conscript #179504....it was engraved on the stock.) That thing had more pits than a peach tree.

And then...and i can't blame this on the gun...I was at home googling info on this rifle, which had become the worse bolt action rifle I'd ever owned , and I came across this gem: right around when I bought the firearms the scum in California's Government decided that the Grenade launcher was a "Destructive Device"...which means you can't own it. At all. This of course is laughable because if I had access to someone who could sell me the antique grenades for this crowbar.....don't you think I'd buy and RPG instead?? Oh well, no one ever said that logic was a prerequisite for government.

In the end, the gun store that I had done business with was really good, they took it back because they did not want to make me mad for selling me a crap weapon AND they didn't want to get in trouble for selling an illegal gun.

I put down another $300 and got a S+W 686
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    I owned a Taurus PT92AFS long enough to find out that getting past the break-in didn't help the reliability. Nice looking pistol. Very unreliable, at least mine was.
    That was actually my first gun. never gave me a lick of trouble.

My HK USP40 is horrendously inconsistent. All it does is sit in the safe now.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLungMcClung View Post
    Yugo M59/66.

Had it for three weeks while I tried in vain to fix it. Something was wrong with the gas system...probably at the gas port in the barrel. It ABSOLUTELY would not cycle. The bolt would come back about an inch then go forward. Even an armorer at the gun store couldn't get it to work.

The thing was soaked in cosmoline. I cleaned that bitch 3 times and cosmo still dripped out of the action when firing!!

The non-chrome lined barrel was a joy. Apparently my rifle had belonged to Private Pyle before me (Yugoslav/Serbian Army conscript #179504....it was engraved on the stock.) That thing had more pits than a peach tree.

And then...and i can't blame this on the gun...I was at home googling info on this rifle, which had become the worse bolt action rifle I'd ever owned , and I came across this gem: right around when I bought the firearms the scum in California's Government decided that the Grenade launcher was a "Destructive Device"...which means you can't own it. At all. This of course is laughable because if I had access to someone who could sell me the antique grenades for this crowbar.....don't you think I'd buy and RPG instead?? Oh well, no one ever said that logic was a prerequisite for government.

In the end, the gun store that I had done business with was really good, they took it back because they did not want to make me mad for selling me a crap weapon AND they didn't want to get in trouble for selling an illegal gun.

I put down another $300 and got a S+W 686

It isn't illegal, you can own it. Unless you were in California at the time, maybe you were.

There may have been a very easily fix with the gas system, just a slid of a button. You probably tried that though.

Oh, and that number was the stocks serial number. Mine has it too!

(Chester County)

Three, for me.

Kahr P40. Biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. The trigger spring punched through the frame. Failures to feed. Failures to eject. I sent it back to the factory, twice, and it got worse each time they monkeyed with it. Absolutely, completely unusable. The worst gun I've ever owned, period.

Kahr PM9 gets second place. I only sent it back to the factory once before giving up on it.

Kimber TLE-II. A distant third, only because while it stovepiped like a bitch, at least it was accurate, had a great trigger, and was pretty looking. Still, I traded it straight up for a Glock 36 and think I got the better end of the deal.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast