Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

My son and I went to get information on the memberships and did join while we were there. We had a good time talking with Art about his plans for the business and left with very positive feelings. We are not white and did not feel we were treated with anything less than courtesy and respect.

(Berks County)

Art and Rob run a very respectable shop. They are both very sociable and go over the top to be helpful. I am very happy to have a relationship with both of them.

Art has made it clear in a previous thread that he does not want gang bangers as customers. He does not want wannabe gangstas in the store.
    Although I don't know the poster who can't get his membership approved, my guess would be the problem might be appearance. Others have posted that they have been treated with courtesy and respect by Art and Rob and have had no problems getting their membership approved.

Just a thought on my part, no additonal insight.
    Last edited by Dave49; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:41 AM.

(Berks County)

Do you judge people on how they look?
    I must say I personally don’t. However, I find that many people are constantly judged or being criticized by their appearance in this part of the country, as for me the day I went to sign up I think I had just come from taking the kids to the park, nothing GANGBAGERISH. Regardless that shouldn’t be the issue, I had all the required ID’s for the paperwork and yes as for my LTCF I do have it. So why did I throw the race card out there, well here’s the story to this..

I was out at a bar having a couple of drinks with a few guys from work talking about ranges and I asked a buddy of mine how long does it take to get approved for indoor range if your background is clear and so on and so forth, he said its quick. Most of the times it’s on the spot but for sure less than a week, so I was with a really confused look on my face for a second and he asked me why?

I then went ahead and told him about what I was experiencing at this location and he said “dude if you’re not white you’re not getting in” I was appalled at what he said.. I was like WTF? Are you serious and he said yes! I then went and asked another guy I knew and he confirmed what the other guy said. I was in shock and the night I posted this it was around 4am after having a night out with some buddies I sat down had a drink and read this forum/posts about the place. So many good remarks but my god why would I be singled out?

Hmmm let's see, why would they deny someone based on their ethnicity?
    How and in what twisted world does that make any sense? I am instead going to just reply to this idiocy.

You can't just refuse to sell / approve someone because of their ethnicity, that's pretty illegal and would get the proprietor of the gun store in a lot of trouble. Right?

You know what maybe something went wrong with the initial interaction so I’m going to give these guys another shot and go in person and see what’s going on. Some may go ahead and say why after the way you've been treated? I'll tell you why;
    I mean I LIVE in reading and being a NY transplant I wasn’t aware too much of the dangers and stupidly that arises in this city. So I wanted to join an indoor range where I can take my wife and teach her how to defend herself just in case. Regardless of skin color or nationality I think that being born here and being American I have a right to relish in things or activities that everyone else does. Don’t get me wrong folks I don’t mean to be a sour puss but come on now, we all own a fire arm because we feel it’s our right that’s protected by the Constitution . I felt I got done wrong here and you know what it can all be a big miss understanding so I’ll be there this week and see how it goes from there.

Anyhow I believe in giving a person or establishment another shot and if I’m wrong I will delete the post and apologize, if not OH WELL!!

I’ll keep ya posted!

(Berks County)

Cool Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

I've never seen a P.R.range poster before.What does it look like? I've seen terrorist "Al Qaida" posters before, but neither at Stony Creek. Perhaps the terrorist have a legitimate complaint.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoMendez View Post

You can't just refuse to sell / approve someone because of their ethnicity, that's pretty illegal and would get the proprietor of the gun store in a lot of trouble. Right?
    I think wrong.
    I'd look at it this way, what's in the store is his or hers and if they don't want to sell it to you or someone else they don't have to.

just my two cents

(Berks County)

post deleted by Dave 49
    Last edited by Dave49; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:40 AM.

(Berks County)

Oy....still going on about this? Right, and every time someone says no to me about anything they're automatically racist?...........obviously your friends were wrong, as several of us have already proven....
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoMendez View Post
    "Pictures of Hispanic dudes on target's" umm I guess that's why I'm not approved to join yet?
    So white and/or black targets are acceptable, and of course it's racist to have a "Hispanic" target, right? Maybe you didn't appear to be, as you call it "GANGBAGERISH", but after reading your posts I'd guess that maybe you just come off as a real big PIA that no rational person wants to deal with.

Was at the Store/range twice this week. Good times, hope I don't wear out my welcome. Everyone should get down there and get there membership and get oriented before the weather turns.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    Was at the Store/range twice this week. Good times, hope I don't wear out my welcome. Everyone should get down there and get there membership and get oriented before the weather turns.
    Range Rat

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast