Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ak side rail

(York County)

Default ak side rail

can someone give me some advice on a good side rail optic set up for my wasr 10 . i'm not sure whats a good rail or if any gunsmithing is necessary I'm looking at a kobra optic but im hearing mixed reviews. any input would be appreciated also a co-witness preferred but not absolute

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: ak side rail

Go to centerfire and get a romanian pso scope.I had a mount I got of ebay and it took alot of modification to get it to work.I can slide the scope off of my romak 3 and on to the ak with no problems.
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/

(Cumberland County)

You can also look here:
    http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/

I'm not a master of optics, so I'm not sure if this is good glass for the $$, but it's worth a look if nothing else.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Monroe County)

I use a quick release side mount that the above KalinkaOptics had been selling. That paired with a 1-4 scope is my set up. I cannot co-witness the irons but if needed I can remove the whole optics set-up ina second.

If I had to do over again I would have just gotten their Kobra or other reddot set up that is one piece with the rail. I'm actually saving up to purchase one for my other AK.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I use a quick release side mount that the above KalinkaOptics had been selling. That paired with a 1-4 scope is my set up. I cannot co-witness the irons but if needed I can remove the whole optics set-up ina second.

If I had to do over again I would have just gotten their Kobra or other reddot set up that is one piece with the rail. I'm actually saving up to purchase one for my other AK.
    yeah im looking into that kobra attached with the rail i'm just not sure which one is to be considered the best. there's a couple of different models and i dont want to accidently blow 200 bucks on a clone or some piece of crap

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by lance4682 View Post
    yeah im looking into that kobra attached with the rail i'm just not sure which one is to be considered the best. there's a couple of different models and i dont want to accidently blow 200 bucks on a clone or some piece of crap

I hear you which Is why if I had it to do all over again it would be with a Kalinak optic. If you go to their webssite listed above my original post you will see several. If it's a red-dot I would choose between their fast aquistion one that has a tube or the hologhraphic. Which one would depend actually on my rifle. They are both great but I like the tube on a rifle with black furniture and a hologhraphic on one with wood.

None of the ones distributed by Kalinka are knock-offs so their is no worry their. They are top quality red-dots at a good price compared to several hundred dollar acogs or aimpoints. Russian optics for a Russian inspired rifle. The difference in models has to do with the rifle you are ordering it for, some of the scopes are for Dragunovs but others for AK's, some are coin cell powered while others use AA batteries. These are all little differences that will depend on your personal tastes but none are knockoffs. I would decide which one you want and call them to place an order. Let them know what your using it for and confirm the details. I did this with the mount I ordered and was glad I did because the model number I had was the wrong one but they set me straight.
    Last edited by ByAnyMeans; June 2nd, 2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I hear you which Is why if I had it to do all over again it would be with a Kalinak optic. If you go to their webssite listed above my original post you will see several. If it's a red-dot I would choose between their fast aquistion one that has a tube or the hologhraphic. Which one would depend actually on my rifle. They are both great but I like the tube on a rifle with black furniture and a hologhraphic on one with wood.

None of the ones distributed by Kalinka are knock-offs so their is no worry their. They are top quality red-dots at a good price compared to several hundred dollar acogs or aimpoints. Russian optics for a Russian inspired rifle. The difference in models has to do with the rifle you are ordering it for, some of the scopes are for Dragunovs but others for AK's, some are coin cell powered while others use AA batteries. These are all little differences that will depend on your personal tastes but none are knockoffs. I would decide which one you want and call them to place an order. Let them know what your using it for and confirm the details. I did this with the mount I ordered and was glad I did because the model number I had was the wrong one but they set me straight.
    cant seem to find the holo anywhere on there but i got my eye on this bad boy the EKP-1S-03M only problem is i cant seem to find anywhere to purchase it every site seems to be outdated since 2005 or just not trust worthy

(York County)

kant find that kobra holo anywhere racking my brain

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by lance4682 View Post
    kant find that kobra holo anywhere racking my brain
    Just checked the Kalinka website (could not check it at work earlier) and they are out of the holo attached to the mount but one that can be attached to a separate Weaver mount is available. They also have the quick acquisition red dot attached to the mount.

I would agree to be sure of a reputable dealer, a bit of patience and I'm sure the holo with attached mount will show back up. I have seen it their just a little while ago.

(Monroe County)

Another good site you may want to check out. I always found it better to contact them for current merchandise.

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/default.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast