Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 3rd Part Carry Story (situation involved)

EDIT:
    Story erased because its total B.S. and has no real learning value that a person can't already tell you out of good sense anyway.
    If you already read the story, fine...if not, you didn't miss anything your imagination can't already conjure up.
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; June 1st, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 3rd Part Carry Story (situation involved)

wut

So your "friend" carries a xd40. and 2 crackheads is with him, told him to give up his money, but he didn't and instead of leaving, he sits for a period of time before the crackies said they was gonna take his money from him. He got to his feet and indicated he had a gun. he then swapped out his mags from ball ammo to his personal handloaded jhp. then he mumbled something about shitting his pants and his wife would be pissed. he got home told his wife that he almost had to use his gun and she should stop bitchin a bout him carrying.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    This story is either total B.S. or he really needs evaluate his carry procedures. I tried to very politely slip in some corrections here and there
    Yeah, tell him to get that thing on his hip....If he even owns a gun..

Tell him to get some training too...

(Northampton County)

I agree. I wouldn't have posted some second-hand, suspected BS story from a guy I never met.

But I can understand it's a curious story, true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't have posted some second-hand, suspected BS story from a guy I never met.

But I can understand it's a curious story, true or not.
    Yeah, probably isn't the best thing to post about, but its better than constantly digging up old necro threads. ...which seems to be the fad.

This story isnt to bag on this guy, its to show that even if it is true, which I highly doubt.... this is completely what NOT to do. This is why I didn't post names or locations. Only the story itself is important.

As far as I'm concerned, carrying a gun should make you more humble and 'cowardly' in the sense your doing ANYTHING you can to back away from a fight and are just looking for reasons NOT to use the gun....stand your ground state or not. You don't act all tuff and poise your hand over the handle like some old west gun fight scene and say "your welcome to try"

And in case no one picked it up from the story. How the hell do you sit 4 feet from someone intending on pouncing you, reach into a bag, pop out a mag from your gun, fiddle for the new mag, pop it in, stand up, back up 2 feet, THEN throw out your baddass one liner?????? Not only that, why would you do it? Just goes to show, even if it is true, obviously his life wasn't that in danger if you have time to change out mags while they are within arms reach of you.

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    So your "friend" carries a xd40. and 2 crackheads is with him, told him to give up his money, but he didn't and instead of leaving, he sits for a period of time before the crackies said they was gonna take his money from him. He got to his feet and indicated he had a gun. he then swapped out his mags from ball ammo to his personal handloaded jhp. then he mumbled something about shitting his pants and his wife would be pissed. he got home told his wife that he almost had to use his gun and she should stop bitchin a bout him carrying.
    No,...the "mess" in question was from how he was going to unload on these guys with his super duper home made ultra special 180 grain JHP's. Basically blood and gore was going to fly, from his perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by 45=id View Post

Tell him to get some training too...

Actually, according to him, he supposedly was in the service. Did at least 1 tour in the "sandbox" as well.

(Monroe County)

Actually, according to him, he supposedly was in the service. Did at least 1 tour in the "sandbox" as well.

Liars lie, I would take everything this guys says with a grain of salt. I would also question the intelligence of the guy who told it to you if he believed it.

(Montgomery County)

As far as I'm concerned, carrying a gun should make you more humble and 'cowardly' in the sense your doing ANYTHING you can to back away from a fight and are just looking for reasons NOT to use the gun....
    ^ ^ ^ This ^ ^^

Humble... maybe. "Cowardly"? .. no way. It always takes more stones to do the right thing.
    Last edited by PA Traveler; June 1st, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Traveler View Post
    ^ ^ ^ This ^ ^^

Humble... maybe. "Cowardly"? .. no way. It always takes more stones to do the right thing.
    Yeah, but surely you know what I mean (yeah, I know, don't call you Surely. lol) I mean cowardly, from the the 'big man' picking the fight.