Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Concealed gun in a belt buckle?

I've been doing sub work for a guy that lives in MD (but the jobs I'm working on are in PA) and doesn't want me to have a firearm on his job sites that might be seen, even accidentally (nice guy, but "typical" MD fellow). I understand that he can make that choice and I'm not going to argue with him. I'm normally an OCer, but, I also have an LTCF and conceal from time to time.

The problem I have is that a lot of times the jobs get hot (outside all day) and I end up wearing my "wife beater" (tank top) tucked in, or no shirt at all. I don't know how to conceal my gun because ankle carry is out of the question since I wear shorts, an IWB would show the weapon when I had my shirt tucked in (or wasn't wearing a shirt at all), and my pockets are all full of stuff so a pocket pistol isn't a great choice (although I'd find a way to do it if that's my only option). So far, I've just locked it in my truck (not the best tactical position).

I've seen the NAA belt buckles (they're cool), but, even an uninformed person could tell that the center piece was real unless you lie and tell them it was a novelty or something. I have heard on the rumor wheel that there was a belt buckle out there that could store a concealed firearm without showing the fact that there was one there.

So, my questions... 1)Is there a belt buckle out there like I've heard about on the rumor wheel? and/or... 2)Is there a good way to conceal without the weapon being visible at all while wearing shorts and no shirt?
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Concealed gun in a belt buckle?

Just clear out a front pocket of lint and other items and carry a small piece there.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

get a smartcarry.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

It seems to me a J frame in a pocket holster would work. Anything that "fits in a belt buckle" would fall into the novelty category AFAIC.

(Adams County)

I remember about 50 years ago Mattel had a belt buckle with a cap gun in it. If you stuck your stomach out the cap gun would swing out and fire. I think now I'd have a really hard time keeping the gun from going off.

(Chester County)

There are "shirt tucker" IWB rigs that allow you to tuck a shirt in between the holster and the waistband. The CrossBreed is a common variety of this type of holster.

There is also the option of Thunderwear / SmartCarry, or the "pager pal"

I'd suggest trying pocket carry first, if a tuckable IWB doesn't work, then considering one of the other modes I mentioned.

I can vouch for the Smartcarry. I wear it all summer long, deep concealment whether your wearing shorts, slacks, or jeans. Takes a bit to get used to, but once you find that perfect spot, no problems.

(Allegheny County)

Smart carry is the way to go. It also holds an extra magazine plus one or two extra rounds (depends on caliber) in the tiny little pocket. I've been using one of these for years when I need deep concealment.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Crawford County)

If you're wearing shorts with no shirt and pocket is out of the question, then there is still one really good place to hide it as long as cavity searches aren't performed regularly on the job.

(Cumberland County)

Pocket pistol really is your best option. Look at a J frame size wheel gun or a little .380 like the Kel Tec or Ruger LCP.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast