Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klutch's carry

Default Klutch's carry

Not a blog or anything of the sort just want to let everyone in on it. I got my LTCF on Sat. morning and carried my Ruger LCP in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster all day with an extra mag in my left front pocket; all I can say is that is a great CC gun. I did not know I had it unless I consciously thought about it and of course being new to CC I thought about it but not all that much.

Today I carried my G26 in a Don Hume IWB holster at 3-4 o'clock and I definitely new it was there but I really gotta give credit to this holster as being very comfortable. It's just an open top leather model 715 but I'm starting to think was the $89 I spent on the M-TAC worth it? For now I'm going to guess that it was but I am totally sold on the Don Hume, so much so that I will be going back to get one for my PT145pro.

I would really like to hear from you guys on the CC subject especially with some pointer from some of the CC veterans. Also I found a great Italian restaurant in Downtown Bethlehem called Mama Nina's, all I can say is if you are ever in the area eat there it's phenomenal.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Klutch's carry

Congrats on the LTCF! I also use a Don Hume 715 for my Kahr. It was the first IWB holster that I bought, and I love it. Anytime I plan to buy something, I research it, and I happened to be at a gun show where I looked at several and still bought the DH. It's comfy and easy to conceal. Good luck with your CC ventures.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

Try the 145 in the 26 holster, it'll probably fit, I used a 26 holster for my 745 when I had it, fit perfect
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Northampton County)

Mama Nina's is great.

I have OC'ed there before with no problems. Also check out Thai Thai down the road, amazing food.

(Monroe County)

while i can't call myself a CC veteran, as i rarely CC, but the following applies to both forms of carry. here goes:

it's not as obvious as you think it is if you think it stands out like a sore thumb (printing badly, etc), you're probably wrong. when CCing, if they even notice a bulge, they don't think "gun." they think "cell phone." (and me with a covered OWB here)

other than that, be comfortable with yourself carrying. people can tell when you're apprehensive about something, which will get you more attention, including from any LEO you may talk to/encounter (though they still won't be looking for guns, most likely)

and wear a good belt. it helps.

and when you want to start OCing, someone will probably be willing to go with you
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    Mama Nina's is great.

I have OC'ed there before with no problems. Also check out Thai Thai down the road, amazing food.
    Thanks bro, next time I'm down there I will have to check it out. I have this problem with not being able to get past Brew Works without stopping for a few pints.

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    while i can't call myself a CC veteran, as i rarely CC, but the following applies to both forms of carry. here goes:

it's not as obvious as you think it is if you think it stands out like a sore thumb (printing badly, etc), you're probably wrong. when CCing, if they even notice a bulge, they don't think "gun." they think "cell phone." (and me with a covered OWB here)

other than that, be comfortable with yourself carrying. people can tell when you're apprehensive about something, which will get you more attention, including from any LEO you may talk to/encounter (though they still won't be looking for guns, most likely)

and wear a good belt. it helps.

Thanks MischaBurns I really didn't worry about it much I had a dark green T-shirt on and it covered nicely and this morning I stopped at Army&Navy and grabbed a 5.11 Tactical belt along with my Don Hume and it worked great. The only time I was a bit concerned is leaving the restaurant my shirt got caught on the G26 as I was standing up and a girl at the other table saw it for a second but I just smiled and left with my wife under my arm.

and when you want to start OCing, someone will probably be willing to go with you

(Cumberland County)

Congrats on the LTCF. Carrying a tiny little gun is great isn't it? I had a little Kel Tec P32 that I loved, the thing was the width of a Bic lighter. I'm mainly carrying an XD Service now (4 inch barrel, full size grip) and believe me, I miss the tiny pocket pistol. Sure, 17 rounds of 9mm is nice, but the full size double stack in your pants is not. I'm definitely in the market for another pocket pistol. It just makes carrying so much easier. Now of course, carry is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable, but anything you can do to make it easier helps.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

So I carried my G26 around all day today in my Don Hume holster with a 5.11 Tactical belt. It was a pretty uneventful day went to Lowe's and Dick's on RT 33 I had to get dirt and some spray to kill the Affids on my tomato and pepper plants. So after I got home I was taking care of the garden and I realized that I was still wearing my G26, and I guess what I'm trying to get at is that is the perfect carry gun for me. I have some others but I have grabbed the Glock almost every time.

On a different note I off to Carlisle tomorrow for the all Ford show this weekend. I'm pretty gassed about it because I love the old rat rods and basically anything with a flathead motor. If anyone is interested in going or already has plans to be there send me a pm and I'll give you my cell phone so we can meet up. I'm going with my girlfriend and possibly my brother and just going to make a day of it. It's a good day for those who have kids, young kids always love shiny cars that rumble with flames; I still do. I will most likely have the Glock but I might just go summer with the LCP. Let me know if you are interested.

(Monroe County)

My Keltec is always on me, to easy for it not to be.

My Glock however is my favorite. You should try the Glock holster. It's OWB so it is very comfortable but rides high so it can still be easily concealed. Love the 26, ten round mag when concealed and fifteen round when on the nightstand.

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats on getting your LTCF! I have a Walther PPS 9mm that is very close in size to your G26, except is much thinner. It however is a single stack so it only holds 8+1 at most. I just ordered a Tucker cover up plus leather holster and the gun just disappears in almost any clothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast