Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Harrisburg May 25 2010

First of all, hello to all. I'm hiding behind a screen name to keep the lurkers off my e-mail account at home, but enjoyed riding to Harrisburg yesterday with Whitefeather and 4 other FOAC members. The "War Wagon" blew a belt about 20 minutes out from the capitol, and we still made the Judiciary hearings thanks to a pro Second Amendment repair shop and a tow truck driver who actually took the time to drive us right to the Capitol building. Proof positive that the common man understands what the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is all about.

I'll jump in here with news, or an occassional response to a question when I can, and you can always find me at the FOAC monthly meetings.

You'll read that the NRA, in their NRA-ILA bulletin, will likely try to take credit for getting HB40 out of committee. Better to thank friends like Rep. Metcalf, and even strident anti's, like Chelsea Wagner, who voted YES. I'm not suggesting that Ms. Wagner has changed to a pro-gunner, but her vote surely is representative of her consituency's wishes.

I found, in listening intently to Rep. Thomas from Philadelphia, that anyone with a half a lick of sense can see through his stilted logic. His rambling diatribe on SKS rifles, AK-47's, and handguns in Cambden NJ all being a PA problem, and listening to him ramble further until handguns were a PA problem caused by some wierd time warp in NJ and NY, showed me how ill prepared he was. Frankly, he made a fool of himself.

Anyhoo, make it a point to contact your rep (I know all of the FOAC reps talked to theirs, as well as the sponsor, Scott Perry, and to Daryl Metcalf) and thank them for their patient support of HB40, and encourage a swift journey through Appropriations. HB40 should be a zero net budget impact on Pennsylvania.

Hoping to see as many of you as possible at the Legislative Shoot (June 6 or 7), I remain,
    Fraternally,
    WOP2

(York County)

Default Re: Harrisburg May 25 2010

It was nice to meet you there yesterday!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Harrisburg May 25 2010

Whatsa matter U, youza forgetsa whats yoursa old mansa taughtsa youza.

man that was a fun ride up in the "War Wagon", though getting two Ticks on me from just standing along side the road for 20 minutes.

i never saw Mechanics work so fast on a vehicle, and having the tow truck driver give us a ride right to the capitol building was awsome.
    Μολὼν λαβέ