Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CC a Rifle?

(Montgomery County)

Default CC a Rifle?

No, I'm not trying to actually carry a rifle, just picked up a carbine and wanted to walk it over to a buddies place for shits and giggles. Can someone fill me in on the legality of this?

Search engine on vbulletin sucks.

Thanks!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: CC a Rifle?

i THINK you could leagally open carry it if it is unloaded.

I'm puzzled by the "CC" in the title. Could you actually conceal a rifle, and still walk around? Even with a folding/collapsible stock, that could be difficult.

(Someone is going to post pictures of them concealing a rifle now.)
    Looking to start homebrewing? Read my primers here and here

(Bradford County)

As far as I know, you may open carry or conceal carry a rifle loaded or unloaded with no license. No loaded rifles are allowed in cars though, they must be unloaded with ammo separate.

(Allegheny County)

If you're just walking over to a buddy's place, put it in a case unloaded, with ammo in a separate container, and go on out!

I'm no lawyer, but that seemed reasonable. I know it's different, but I have done that with an air rifle in Pittsburgh, and never had a problem.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GLK_19 View Post
    I'm puzzled by the "CC" in the title. Could you actually conceal a rifle, and still walk around? Even with a folding/collapsible stock, that could be difficult.
    Do you think I didn't already try tucking it in my waistband and piroutting in the mirror like a giddy schoolgirl going to prom?

Quote Originally Posted by LightningMcQueen784 View Post
    If you're just walking over to a buddy's place, put it in a case unloaded, with ammo in a separate container, and go on out!
    Where's the fun in that?

(Jefferson County)

Long guns:

Outside of Philly, a person does not need a license to carry a loaded/unloaded rifle or shotgun on their person openly or concealed - except during a declared state of emergency. In a City of the First Class(Philthy), you need a license.

At no time may a loaded long gun be transported in a vehicle. Loaded meaning with ammo in the chamber(s) or fixed magazine. For guns using detachable magazines, the loaded magazine must be in a separate container. Loose(including boxed) ammo may be in same compartment, on the gun, or where ever as the gun.

HOWEVER, dont be surprised if an LEO stops to see what is going on, and dont be surprised again that the LEO doesn't know the law.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

i mean if you have a license to carry firearms, isn't it just that? a license to carry firearms? it doesn't specify if it has to be a pistol or not.
    was thinking of getting one of these for when i have to go into bad parts of philly.

just kidding by the way...
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    i mean if you have a license to carry firearms, isn't it just that? a license to carry firearms? it doesn't specify if it has to be a pistol or not.
    was thinking of getting one of these for when i have to go into bad parts of philly.

just kidding by the way...
    A firearm is defined as the following for most portions of the UFA;

"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Long guns:

Outside of Philly, a person does not need a license to carry a loaded/unloaded rifle or shotgun on their person openly or concealed - except during a declared state of emergency. In a City of the First Class(Philthy), you need a license.

At no time may a loaded long gun be transported in a vehicle. Loaded meaning with ammo in the chamber(s) or fixed magazine. For guns using detachable magazines, the loaded magazine must be in a separate container. Loose(including boxed) ammo may be in same compartment, on the gun, or where ever as the gun.

HOWEVER, dont be surprised if an LEO stops to see what is going on, and dont be surprised again that the LEO doesn't know the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    A firearm is defined as the following for most portions of the UFA;

"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    Best advice in here. Props knight.
    III%