Thread: armslist.com

(Cumberland County)

Default armslist.com

I just found armslist.com.Another classified for guns

(Wayne County)

Default Re: armslist.com

Quote Originally Posted by chuck-10 View Post
    I just found armslist.com.Another classified for guns
    I recently found that site also. Just doesn't seen like there is much action on there. I find plenty enough to buy just here on PAFOA's Classifieds!!

(Bucks County)

after the way i have been treated by both a potential buyer Phillip Hochman (pdhochman@) and then the armslist "staff" (Andrew V) i would advise that no one should ever list there item on armslist.

the long version.......

THE BUYER

i was looking to sell a slide fire stock for an AK. i really did not care what i got for it, just something close to what i payed. it is still new in its box so i figure i would list it and just wait for a decent offer. after a few lowball offers i was about to give up when i got an email. they were interested in the item and wanted to know how much to buy. i explained that i was open to offers and had not gotten any i liked. the buyer messaged me back "i dont play game what do you want" i further explained that it was no game and i was just looking to recover most of what i put into it and wished him the best of luck in his search as it was clear this was just another low ball offer. he than demanded i give him a price. so i said fine $300 as that is close to what i think i payed for it. that is when i started getting harassed by him. he kept send email calling me names and just acting like a child, i don't really care about name calling so not a problem but he was also flagging all my other listings as scams making it difficult to get anyone to buy anything from me. so in return i added the line to my listings explaining that i would not sell to him and included his email address as there is no feedback system on armslist. after a few more emails demanding and threatening me to remove his name from the listing "Do you really want to play this game with someone you don't know?" i told him that if he apologized and stop harassing me i would have no problem removing his name. instead of manning up and clearing the slate he asked the armslist staff to get involved.

THE STAFF

my listing was removed without a single email to me, no surprise really. i than inquired about it and asked why a feedback system has not been created as while having positive experiences it would make people accountable for what they say and do. instead of answering my question i got an email stating that my listing was removed for "derogatory reference" and that my account would be closed if things continued "Do some stupid s**t again and I'll delete all your ads and ban you from the site." i asked for clarification on what part was derogatory and forwarded on all the emails from the buyer. all got back was a "good day sir" and my account was deleted.

so long story short while there are some good deals there but you have to sift through all the scams and criminals. the staff of the site is at best complacent to the crime and poor behavior committed.

(Montgomery County)

Comes with the territory of free services - you gotta play by their rules even if they're made up along the way. Sometimes the inconvenience of having to pay a fee to use Gunbroker outweighs the stupid games you get with free services.

(Delaware County)

At one time when they were just a new site for selling all gun related stuff, they were good. Now that they sell stereo equipment, cars, and the sort, its just a manoey making game for them. They were sued by a person who's relative was killed by another person buying a gun off their site. Case was dismissed.

In my opinion the site has gone down hill. I would never attempt to buy anything from the site unless it was FtF and in daylight, public area.

There are a lot of scams on Armslist and deceitful sellers and buyers. Buyer beware is a good motto that comes to mind.

In this day and age I would only buy local. GB is a good venue because of the rating system they employ. It keeps people honest for the most part.

Why not patronize your LGS.

(Monroe County)

I posted my ARMSLIST experience on here--- brutal.... going on a year that I am out $700.... perp was caught and convicted.. Payment plan court imposed. I may be in a wheel chair before I get paid- but justice was served... and I got wiser by 700 reasons! BEWARE ditto!
    Gallagher Guns LLC Gun Shop/NRA Certified Instructor -Swiftwater

(Susquehanna County)

Hmmm.. I have had nothing but good luck on Armslist... but then again I only do Face to Face transactions.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Hmmm.. I have had nothing but good luck on Armslist... but then again I only do Face to Face transactions.
    I refuse to even ship or send payment to someone on here unless they are well established. Face to face is always best of course.

(Bucks County)

what was the guys name that kept harressing you? i had a similar experience but no one took any action or deleted my account or listings.

other than one jerk off pissed about how i worded my add i've had nothing but good experiences with armlist. there are lots of scammers on armslist but no more than on any other board. you just have to be wary of red flags and do a little research before agreeing to buy anything.

(Beaver County)

Thumbs down Re: armslist.com

Buyer,s please be careful buying from SCAM LIST.. The last four guns I tried to buy were SCAMS.... ALL BROWNING guns.. Something needs to be done about that?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast