Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: French Creek Outfitters

So, to clarify, this thread has nothing to do with French Creek Outfitters, contrary to the OP title. It is about the range at SGL43. Correct?
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Chester County)

Exclamation Re: French Creek Outfitters

It was at French Creek Outfitters, THE STORE, in the Shoppes at Valley Forge on Schuylkill Road.

Apparently someone fatally shot themselves in the head in the indoor gun range, either intentionally or accidentally.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

(Montgomery County)

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/arti...6655214799.txt

EAST PIKELAND — A 50-year-old Chesterbrook man shot and killed himself in the shooting range of French Creek Outfitters, 270 Schuylkill Road, Sunday afternoon, police said.

Police Chief Jim Franciscus said that the 50-year-old victim, whose name is being withheld until notification of next of kin, entered French Creek Outfitters around 12:30 p.m.

“He rented a Smith & Wesson .357 gun with a four-inch barrel Model 686,” Franciscus said. “He also purchased a box of ammunition. He filled out the necessary information and left his driver’s license.”

Witnesses told police that the victim was in the gun range at the same time other individuals were in the range shooting.

Franciscus said that a short time later, one of the individuals began to bang on the window to get the range officer’s attention.

“The range officer went into the range area and saw the individual lying in a pool of blood,” he said. “He called 911 and ordered all of the other range occupants to exit the area.”

Police arrived on the scene around 12:36 p.m., Franciscus said, and found the victim inside the shooting range in front of Lane 9.

"The victim was identified by the photo on his driver's license. We recovered the silver revolver and it was covered in blood," he said.

Police secured the entire scene and began their investigation by conducting interviews and contacting Chester County Detectives.

Management at French Creek Outfitters would not answer any questions Monday, including whether the store closed for the rest of the day following the incident.

(Montgomery County)

Wow. I can't believe it. Such a shame.

(Berks County)

When we arrived around 13:30 (1:30pm) the rest of the store was fully operational.
    There was a uniformed officer securing the rear door from the inside and a store employee keeping anyone from going into the area that has the safes and some of the range supplies prior to entering the range.
    Its unfortunate that this gentlemen chose to end his life in such a manner.

(Bucks County)

Such a shame.

I hope the owner has video to cover his butt.

(Berks County)

FYI... French Creek Outfitters is in Chester County.

One article from the Pottstown Mercury.

My post in the Chester County section: http://forum.pafoa.org/chester-16/10...ml#post1221999

(Montgomery County)

I have a major complaint about a girl that works behind your gun counter. My boyfriend drove down from pottstown and meet me at your store with the intentsion of buying a new hunting rifle for him. We walked up to the counter and there was a yound lady standing there. So we walked up to her and asked her if she could help us. Instead of helping us she looked at us then some office door then back at us then walked away from the counter to the office and sat down and stayed in there so there was no one to help us we waited like 5 more minutes and then left really pissed off. we ended up going to Cabella's instead and got great customer service. I am going to shop at Cabella's from now on. maybe that yound lady named Abby should work at Dick's sporting goods instead. Rotten store rotten customer service. Employees with an attuide that like have no place in retail

(Berks County)

Contact the owner, Mike Friendland, and let him know about this. http://www.frenchcreekoutfitters.com/pages/contact.htm

Normally, the employees are very helpful. If you go back, ask for Al or Stan specifically.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aston1964 View Post
    I have a major complaint about a girl that works behind your gun counter. My boyfriend drove down from pottstown and meet me at your store with the intentsion of buying a new hunting rifle for him. We walked up to the counter and there was a yound lady standing there. So we walked up to her and asked her if she could help us. Instead of helping us she looked at us then some office door then back at us then walked away from the counter to the office and sat down and stayed in there so there was no one to help us we waited like 5 more minutes and then left really pissed off. we ended up going to Cabella's instead and got great customer service. I am going to shop at Cabella's from now on. maybe that yound lady named Abby should work at Dick's sporting goods instead. Rotten store rotten customer service. Employees with an attuide that like have no place in retail
    along with past issues i've had with FCO employees, i too have recently had problems with that girl. she has a real attitude problem. i don't know where FCO finds these people to work in their stores but obviously it's from the bottom of some barrel and they obviously couldn't care less who they piss off.

we went down there to shoot my friend's AR and after explaining that rifle calibers aren't allowed yet, she gave me a load of attitude and was argumentative when i told her that last time i was in i had talked with a guy who just got done shooting his 5.56 AR. she said "no, you're wrong. it had to be a conversion, probably .22LR". i told her i was holding a piece of the guy's spent brass and talking with him about which brands function in his rifle the best. she laughed and said, "absolutely not, you're wrong. it must have been a .22. we deal with guns every day so i think we know what calibers are going in our range. you must have been holding .22 brass." i was stunned by her rudeness and stupidity, and just walked out the door. she probably sat there thinking 'hah, dumbass. i won'.
    Last edited by DC2.2GSR; September 23rd, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12