Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3-AT?

Which would you get? Please no discussion about .380 ACP. I am well versed on the subject lol.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3-AT?

Can't comment on the Kel but I have the LCP. Have put about 300 rounds (50 continuous) thru it without any problems. I added the Crimson laser sight and I'm very happy with both.

I have my 2nd LCP and still love these little guns. I chose the Ruger cause it felt better to me and also the finish is much better I don't like the KT grip how it feels like I had not shaved in a month it needs to have the Hogue Handall Jr. on it. Reliability they are the same and I think the LCP is slightly heavier but it's still only 10ozs loaded so it's great for pocket carry. I know you don't want to hear about the .380 but I think it's good enough to carry and I think lots of people agree, that's why it was so hard to get these guns just a year or so ago and also .380 isn't the caliber that's on everyone shelves. The LCP has been my pick twice, either way you choose they are not range guns they are pocket guns but it is fun to go to the range and shoot them. Good luck.

Me and my wife both bought p3ats when we started to carry. A few years before the LCP came out. Both get shot regularly. Haven't had a problem with either. I put a cheap rubber wraparound on mine, just to help with longer sessions at the range. A little 220 grit sandpaper goes a long way to smooth out the flash lines from casting of the grips.

I've had a P3AT for a few years now and it has become my main carry gun during the Summer months, with the KT Belt clip it simply disappears with nothing more than a Tee-Shirt.

Mine has been 100% reliable from day one and I understand Kel-Tec stands behind their products, though I've never had to find out. As far as choosing, try both and see which one feels better. The Ruger seems to be of better quality while the Kel-Tec is the original, Both have pretty good track records.

The Bottom line, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Bucks County)

Ruger... nice gun. check out Shooting Illustrated review of the gun

(Luzerne County)

I have large hands. I bought the p-3AT. I had a difficult time racking the slide with my gross hands. Basically, I couldn't get a comfortable grip on the slide or gun itself. I traded it for a S&W 442.

(Allegheny County)

I've handled both and shot the LCP.

The LCP feels a bit better in the hand. The frame is curved in about where the thumb lays and I think that is what gives the firmer feel.

I like the fit and finish of the Ruger and cycling the slide and trigger seems just a bit smoother over the Kel-Tec.

This is probably worth nothing as Kel-Tec seem to bake a reliable gun but I trust the Ruger brand more.

The LCP is going to be my next purchase.

(York County)

Have you looked at them??? This is easy, LCP.

(Lebanon County)

I have the LCP and love it as a conceal gun. Very nicely finished unlike the Kel-Tec and very dependable. I too was in your shoes a bit back and once I saw and shot both it was a no brainer...LCP all the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast