Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Buying ammo online?

So I am new to firearms and I am looking for a place online to buy ammo from. I did a search for this term and found one thread made 3 years ago with a bunch of dead links. So what places are you guys buying ammo? What do I need to know? Will they ship to my door? Will they bankrupt me on shipping? Right now I am looking for some high velocity (1500 FPS or higher) .22LR ammo preferably hollow points, it has to be Federal Bulk or CCI. I would prefer buying by a box of 500-550 since I go through .22LR ammo fast. Sorry for re-hatching this question but I need to know, thanks.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Buying ammo online?

I have had good results from www.ammotogo.com. I find you have to look around and see what various dealers have available and compare prices. some are good, some are no great shakes. Shipping has been an additional $8-9. More for 500-1000 round lots. There are a lot of places to check out.

I've been buying Wolf ammo for my AK from Sportsmans Guide. (Shopping partner link at the top of the page^) .22 I just buy locally. Everything else I reload.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Philadelphia County)

I have found the best place to buy online is ammotogo.com. You can also check out luckygunner.com and cheaperthandirt.com. It all depends on their availability. Depending on your location, Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods has comparable prices. Shipping shouldn't break the bank and they will ship it right to your door. Look around to see who has what and for how much. Good luck.

(Chester County)

midwayusa.com
    ammunitiontogo.com
    ammoman.com
    cheaperthandirt.com
    palmettostatearmory.com

and check out these for deals
    gun-deals.com/ammo
    ammoengine.com

I usually check out the http://www.ammoengine.com/ to get a sense of the pricing. Personally, I prefer buying ammo from gun show, since they are generally cheaper than online prices. For example, $9.5 for 50 rnd of 9mm, and $15 for 50 rnd of 45 ACP.
    Mossberg835, SA XD9Service, TaurusPT745SS, WaltherP22, SA XD9SC SS

(Northumberland County)

The last place I bought online from was http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/ a few months back, when I needed bulk .223. Their service was good, as were their prices. Another thing I liked is that they didn't make me fax/email a proof of age document. A fair number of other places require you to send proof that you are over 21+ to buy ANY ammo from them, which is a bit of a pain when you aren't 21 and only need rifle ammo. Not that it's a big deal, but it did save me a little trouble. Shipping was very fair too. I think it cost $12 to ship 1000 rounds if I remember right.

Another place I've had my eye on is AIM Surplus. I haven't bought from them yet, but I hear good things about them and they seem to have some of the best ammo prices on the net.

(Allegheny County)

Try www.aimsurplus.com for good prices on less common calibers. Most places will want some sort of ID or statement of age, but their checkout system usually walks you through the process.

Smile Re: Buying ammo online?

http://www.sgammo.com/index.php These guys have good deals from time to time...
    You must pay attention to the man behind the curtain. Or you will loose.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ericc40 View Post
    I usually check out the http://www.ammoengine.com/ to get a sense of the pricing. Personally, I prefer buying ammo from gun show, since they are generally cheaper than online prices. For example, $9.5 for 50 rnd of 9mm, and $15 for 50 rnd of 45 ACP.
    I've found that ammoengine.com has a lot of mistakes. For example, they have 500 S&W listed at $0.10 per round. If that were the case, I'd quit reloading and buy new. You can't even find brass for that price. I've found that www.gun-deals.com/ammo has less mistakes and you can type in your zip code and get the price shipped to your door.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast