Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default 870 wingmaster/express parts interchangability?

I am considering a used Rem 870 Wingmaster shotgun. Its an older model wingmaster, and was hoping to switch some of the parts out for a newer set of Express synthetic pump and stock since the stock appears to be very worn.

Will there be any fitment issues with the express synthetic furniture on a wingmaster? I heard the pump arms may be different.

Can I use any 870 express barrel on a wingmaster?

I have plans on refinishing the whole shotgun if I decide to pick it up as its cosmetically in a "very used condition" but don't prefer wood.

Default Re: 870 wingmaster/express parts interchangability?

I bought a Wingmaster new in 1976, & later, (around 1990 or so), bought a generic slug barrel from Cabelas. I had no problems with fit. I haven't tried stocks or anything else, but Express parts should be interchangeable unless you have the lightweight model. I think some parts on them were a bit different.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Default Re: 870 wingmaster/express parts interchangability?

If it's an older Wingmaster, I'd clean it, remove any rust & leave it as is. They're classics, rubbed off bluing, worn stock & all. That's just my opinion. It's your gun, do what you want.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell