Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Three Anti-Gun Bills to be Considered Next Week!

I just recieved this from the NRA. Thought I would pass it along.

Three Anti-Gun Bills to be Considered Next Week!
    Please Stand Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

On Tuesday, May 25, the House Judiciary Committee will consider three anti-gun bills sponsored by State Representative W. Curtis Thomas (D-181).

House Bill 1043 would create a new Bureau of Illegal Firearms Trafficking or a “Firearm Trafficking Czar” in the Office of the Pennsylvania Attorney General. Passage of this bill has the potential of establishing yet another anti-gun biased bureaucratic agency within the state government.

House Bill 1044 would gut Pennsylvania’s firearm preemption statute which currently allows only the State Legislature to enact laws pertaining to firearms. Without a state preemption law, the result would be a complex patchwork of restrictions that change from one local jurisdiction to the next. It is unreasonable to require citizens, whether residents of Pennsylvania or someone visiting the Commonwealth, to memorize a myriad of laws. Passage of this proposal will set the stage for the prosecution of otherwise “law-abiding” for violating local ordinances without criminal intent.

House Bill 1045 would bring California-style gun-control to the Keystone State and ultimately ban many semi-automatic firearms commonly owned by Pennsylvanians. HB1045 is an attempt to revive the failed Clinton Gun-Ban that sunset in 2004. This bill is about demonizing certain firearms based on how they look, not about crime fighting. This gun ban scheme will only punish law-abiding citizens and will do nothing to curb crime or keep criminals from obtaining firearms illegally. This is simply another attack on our Second Amendment rights in Pennsylvania.

These bills pose a very real and serious threat to our rights so it is imperative that you make your voice heard. Please contact your State Representative, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and respectfully urge them to oppose HB1043, HB1044, and HB1045. Contact information for your State Representative can be found by clicking here.
    Yippie-Ky-Ay

(York County)

Default Re: Three Anti-Gun Bills to be Considered Next Week!

Thank you for that information.
    Odds are, they won't get out of committee, but we always want to be updated on any racist, anti-rights bills.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Victor View Post

On Tuesday, May 25, the House Judiciary Committee will consider three anti-gun bills sponsored by State Representative W. Curtis Thomas (D-181).

House Bill 1043 would create a new Bureau of Illegal Firearms Trafficking or a “Firearm Trafficking Czar” in the Office of the Pennsylvania Attorney General. Passage of this bill has the potential of establishing yet another anti-gun biased bureaucratic agency within the state government.

House Bill 1044 would gut Pennsylvania’s firearm preemption statute which currently allows only the State Legislature to enact laws pertaining to firearms. Without a state preemption law, the result would be a complex patchwork of restrictions that change from one local jurisdiction to the next. It is unreasonable to require citizens, whether residents of Pennsylvania or someone visiting the Commonwealth, to memorize a myriad of laws. Passage of this proposal will set the stage for the prosecution of otherwise “law-abiding” for violating local ordinances without criminal intent.

House Bill 1045 would bring California-style gun-control to the Keystone State and ultimately ban many semi-automatic firearms commonly owned by Pennsylvanians. HB1045 is an attempt to revive the failed Clinton Gun-Ban that sunset in 2004. This bill is about demonizing certain firearms based on how they look, not about crime fighting. This gun ban scheme will only punish law-abiding citizens and will do nothing to curb crime or keep criminals from obtaining firearms illegally. This is simply another attack on our Second Amendment rights in Pennsylvania.

These bills pose a very real and serious threat to our rights so it is imperative that you make your voice heard. Please contact your State Representative, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and respectfully urge them to oppose HB1043, HB1044, and HB1045. Contact information for your State Representative can be found by clicking here.
    you really need to join F.O.A.C. we've known about these bills coming up for a vote for almost 3 weeks and we had to inform the NRA about them. without FOAC we would ahve even worse gun laws than Jersey
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Chester County)

I think this is the whole committee:

Judiciary
    Majority (Room 106 IOB)
    Caltagirone, Thomas R., Chairman
    Kula, Deberah, Secretary
    Walko, Don, Subcommittee Chairman on Courts
    Pallone, John E., Subcommittee Chairman on Crime and Corrections
    Manderino, Kathy, Subcommittee Chairman on Family Law

Brennan, Joseph
    Casorio, James
    Costa, Dom
    Drucker, Paul
    Lentz, Bryan R.
    Petrarca, Joseph A.
    Shapiro, Josh
    Vitali, Greg
    Wagner, Chelsa
    Waters, Ronald
    White, Jesse

Here is a link to the whole house:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...ist.cfm?body=H

Make your calls and send e-mails. If I missed anything please add to it,If I made a mistake please correct it. Thanks
    Last edited by Lougotzz; May 18th, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

(Bucks County)

If you read the HB040 thread you will see the email addresses posted.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    you really need to join F.O.A.C. we've known about these bills coming up for a vote for almost 3 weeks and we had to inform the NRA about them. without FOAC we would have even worse gun laws than Jersey
    Yep that the truth...... Join FOAC and attend meetings, get their emails newsletter you be weeks ahead of most everyone else in the state knowing what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I think this is the whole committee:

Judiciary
    Majority (Room 106 IOB)
    Caltagirone, Thomas R., Chairman
    Kula, Deberah, Secretary
    Walko, Don, Subcommittee Chairman on Courts
    Pallone, John E., Subcommittee Chairman on Crime and Corrections
    Manderino, Kathy, Subcommittee Chairman on Family Law

Brennan, Joseph
    Casorio, James
    Costa, Dom
    Drucker, Paul
    Lentz, Bryan R.
    Petrarca, Joseph A.
    Shapiro, Josh
    Vitali, Greg
    Wagner, Chelsa
    Waters, Ronald
    White, Jesse

Here is a link to the whole house:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...ist.cfm?body=H

Make your calls and send e-mails. If I missed anything please add to it,If I made a mistake please correct it. Thanks
    There are 26 members on the Judiciary, working on a very detailed list on who to contact and along with their positions and possible votes they will cast.

Note that all three of these anti-gun bills ONLY have the same five sponsors, that is right Just five Reps and yet they get a vote.

We have several Pro Gun bills that all have 60 plus reps on and no hearing or a vote in the Judiciary committee.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Victor View Post

None of those surprise me...coming from a rep from Philly....

(Bucks County)

Yea well this should be a legislative legal action against the head of the committee for letting this injustice happen.

It only hurts the citizens of this state.

With that many... there is not excuse other than fraudulent activity on his part, misrepresenting the interests of this state.

(Delaware County)

it would be nice if FOAC could hold meetings out east or have an eastern, PA coordinator or something. I'm not driving to Pittsburgh for meetings.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    it would be nice if FOAC could hold meetings out east or have an eastern, PA coordinator or something. I'm not driving to Pittsburgh for meetings.
    agreed thats a little time consuming to run to the opposite end of the state

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast