Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig P922

(Armstrong County)

Default Sig P922

A friend of mine is looking into buying a sig p229. Any comments on reliability/dependability would be great. I have yet to do any research and dont know much about this make and/or model of gun. Thanks
    Last edited by crawford; October 1st, 2007 at 06:33 PM.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Sig P229

Sorry guys the model is P229

Talking Re: Sig P922

After an initial 200 round break-in period,a P229 is very reliable and accurate. Very comfortable to shoot.

Default Re: Sig P922

I have fired more than 3,000 rounds through the 229. I have used several types of jacketed and hollow points in the gun. I am a clean freak, and to date, I have NEVER, had a single feeding, firing or extracting event. I love this little monkey, and would tell anyone to buy one.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

I have three Sig 229's. As far as I am concerned they are the best guns on the market. As far as a break-in period, all I have ever done is take them home, clean and lube them and then take them to the range and shoot. Not one problem, ever.

(Luzerne County)

I have a 229 Equinox. It is a very good shooting gun. A bit large in the grip But I like it. I have about 800 Rounds of Winchester White Box thru it without any problems. I keep it superclean so I cannot tell you how it operates dirty.

Fair warning however. If you buy a Sig it will trigger the want for more. My 229 was the first followed by a 226, SP2022 and soon a 220 Elite Stainless.
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Fair warning however. If you buy a Sig it will trigger the want for more. My 229 was the first followed by a 226, SP2022 and soon a 220 Elite Stainless.
    +1 to that and all I bought was the Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR! I'm not sure exactly what I want yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion a Sig of the 9mm variety is in my future.

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    I have three Sig 229's. As far as I am concerned they are the best guns on the market. As far as a break-in period, all I have ever done is take them home, clean and lube them and then take them to the range and shoot. Not one problem, ever.
    Mine has some machining burrs on the feed ramp that just had to be worked out. I also had to bend one magazine lip to correct a defect. I've never had a problem after that.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by colagrrl View Post
    +1 to that and all I bought was the Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR! I'm not sure exactly what I want yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion a Sig of the 9mm variety is in my future.

Jenn
    same here heh, my first Sig was a mosquito too, and since have bought a 229 and 220.

They're addictive guns!!

(Philadelphia County)

The 229 is a great gun just got one this weekend it shoots threw the same hole very reliable.Sigs are the best out of the box gun made to me with no break in The more you shoot the better they get ive had 3 so far 225 2022pro an now the 229.Ill have a new 220 in 45cal at the end of the month an a 239 in 40cal later sigs are great.Thanks