Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Kel-Tec Bashers, ATTENTION !

I know this belongs in the lounge, but the serious temptation existed to pop it into the "PISTOLS" forum, because that's where i gleaned all these excuses from, as well as another forum. I try to play by the rules, and I also respect the terrible "BANHAMMER".

Anytime the subject of Kel-Tec comes up, so do some of these "reasons" for judgement.

Never owned one, never shot one, but as a keyboard commando, I want to sound like I am knowledgeable

Never owned one, Never even shot one. But I am a “pile-on” type, and it seems like so much fun to bash them without knowing anything (really substantive) about them

Never owned one. Never shot one. I’m just an opinionated ass, and that’s the way it is – don’t confuse me with facts.

Never owned one. Never shot one. I’m just pulling an opinion out of my ass. Who cares what I really think?

Never owned one. Never shot one. Don’t even know what the Hell a Kel-Tec is, but bashing them sounds like what all the big boys are doing, so I want to be one of the gang.

Never owned one, but shot one. Once. How the hell am I supposed to know what I’m talking about?

Shot one once, two shots was enough for me ‘cause I’m a wimpy ass , but I won’t admit to THAT, so I’ll bash Kel-Tec to cover it.

Shot a full magazine, once, but I couldn’t figure it out on just that much, so bashing is a good cover.

Owned one once but never shot it, and with all the K-T bashing, I didn’t want to seem like a wuss, so I ditched it and jumped on the Basher’s Bandwagon.

Owned one once, but never shot it enough to figure out what it was and had no real interest or initiative to try. Bashing is the only acceptable alternative for me.

Owned one once, fired half a box of shells and kind of enjoyed it until my buddy who is a BIG BASHER made me feel so under-balled that I sold it. Jumping in with the Bashers was my face-saving alternative cause my buddy should know, shouldn’t he?

Kel-Tec? What the hell is that? Bashing anything is fun!

I owned one, though I am not sure why. It wasn’t what I thought it was, but that doesn’t stop me from having an opinion – for whatever it is worth.

My buddy, who has no balls at all, bought this thing, and I shot it for him and since he is such a wuss, obviously all his guns are not as big and as manly as mine. So I BASH.

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever, but I bought one and it functioned like it should (I think) but it . . . it. . . . it SCARED ME!

Must be wrong to have a Kel-Tec, - - - - - the other guns cost more so they must be worth more – right?

“Ruger” is a better-sounding name. Like Rugged and rough and ready and reliable and ROWWWWR! Yoou know, Fierce.

“KelTec” sounds like “celtic”, and grown men should not parade around in skirts, so I’m against it.

Anybody care to add to the list, feel free?

Flash

After posting, I just thought maybe this should be run as a poll, "where do YOU fit in?" But that would not be fair, as a couple guys could not answer.
    Last edited by Flash; May 17th, 2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Poll??
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec Bashers, ATTENTION !

I never owned one.

My friends did.

He wanted me to shoot it to see if I would buy it from him.

We both HATED IT.

He sold it.

I bought a SIG P238

(York County)

I've owned one, And i've shot one.....after 40 jams out of a box of 50, it went out the door.

(Wayne County)

Just a suggestion, Flash. Lay off the Red Bulls.

But seriously, what the hell brought this on? Please post link.

Most of what I've seen here on the web re: KelTecs has been pretty favorable or, if negative, at least pertaining to those issues from which KelTecs are prone to suffer.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Columbia County)

I shot a kel-tec, didn't like it, instead bought a hi-point!

(Lehigh County)

My Sub2000 has been nothing but reliable, and is my favorite fun gun.

I don't understand where this anti-anti-KT rant is coming from; I haven't seen an inordinate number of kel-tec bashers compared to other brands recently..
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

Never owned one, I've shot a few, been around some people that have been shooting a few, and I've trained more than a few people who's weapon of choice was one. About 50% are reliable and the other 50% are not. (Ok, maybe 60% are and 40% are not.)

Case in point, husband and wife come up to me with new Kel-Tec .32s and ask me what I think; I give them my 50/50 spiel. They proceed to go to the range to practice with them. Hers works without any problems, he can't get through a mag without a failure to feed.

Story ends well for them though, he sent his back to Kel-Tec and about a month later got it back, and it then worked reliably.
    Last edited by Orive 8; May 17th, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(York County)

I had a P32 years ago that had FTF and FTE all day long. Maybe I didn't shoot it enough to loosen it up, but the taste in my mouth was bad enough that I got rid of it.

Not a basher though as I have heard good things about the other models.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Dauphin County)

Buddy owns a kel-tec and tried to sell it to me. It was junk, I shot it.

Bought a Sig P229r

owned 3, shot the pf9 a few times from new and THE SLIDE AND FRAME CRACKED!

drove to factory, had them rebuild it (actually replace with brand new one) and sold it before I was out of the parking lot (legal in fl).

not for me anymore

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast