Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default The Weapon the China is using against Kindergarten Attackers

This is a joke... see the picture. This is how school teachers in China are supposed to fend off these slashing attackers (men) in the classroom. A long pole with a U-shape on the end. Pin him to the wall.

Look at the picture... the demonstrating attacker is cooperating nicely by not grabbing ahold of the pole and shoving the teacher backward so that she falls down helplessly. Because that's exactly what would happen. Even if a teacher COULD push a guy against the wall with this thing, at that point, he has way more leverage than she does, because he can push off against the wall, and he also has a U-shape surrounding his body so he can use his entire body mass to lean. He can also grab the U-shape and twist easily. She has the pole in the grip of her hands. FAIL.

Give the teacher a weapon!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=10526182

A Chinese city shaken by one of three back-to-back attacks on schools stepped up security and urged its citizens to "trust the government" Saturday, a day after parents of the injured children protested outside a local hospital.

A dozen police and security guards patrolled the lobby of the Taixing city People's Hospital the morning after marching parents chanted "We want the truth," asked to see their children and demanded a better government response to the crisis. Photos and video posted online showed hundreds of people massed outside the hospital Friday night, pushing so hard to get in that they shattered a glass door.

The school attack in Taixing came Thursday when a 47-year-old unemployed man armed with an 8-inch (20-centimeter) knife wounded 29 students aged 4 or 5 — five of them seriously — plus two teachers and a security guard.

The city government tried to ease fears in a mobile phone text message sent to citizens Saturday.

"No one has died, and all of the parents have seen their injured children," the government said.

"Citizens please trust the government, don't believe rumors," the text said.

A parent of one of the four children still in intensive care confirmed that he and other parents had been able to see their children Friday and Saturday. Xin Feng, the father of a 4-year-old boy, said parents had no plans for further protests.

Xin had said a government employee was handing out compensation to families Saturday, but later said he had been mistaken and that the money was from a private citizen.

"We don't want the government money. We just want the children to be OK," he said, adding that parents also want a reasonable explanation from the government of the attack.

"When I walked into the ICU this morning, my son recognized me but couldn't talk," Xin said. "He looked so helpless."

The anger and fear come after three classroom assaults in three days across China. The government issued an urgent order Friday for schools to tighten security, and armed police will patrol schools in the capital, Beijing, when classes resume Tuesday after the May Day holiday.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: The Weapon the China is using against Kindergarten Attackers

Not to worry. We're on it.

Now, enhance your calm...

WTF?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Allegheny County)

That is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.

I wonder if that "pole" has "made in China" stamped on it?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lebanon County)

I think they're on to something, yea some kind of pole to help the teacher defend the classroom. Good thing some monks over there already have something they could lend to the teachers. Something like this guy has.

http://asianhistory.about.com/od/ima...learm.htm?rd=1

(Bucks County)

A pointed stick would be far more effective. But you can use pointed sticks to revolt against the Government, so that's out.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Bucks County)

wow... i wonder if they use three seashells instead of toilet paper in that "perfect" society... lol... god bless america
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Philadelphia County)

The bigger story there is that the government isn't allowing the parents to see their kids. And the text message that said "Trust your government. Don't trust the rumors." made me chuckle.

What makes these Chinese killings that much worse(if having your child murdered could get worse) is the Governments one child policy. So the parents loose their one and only child.

But the slasher pole was pretty funny. I'm curious to see the R&D videos from the Chinese Govt. about the "police restraint stick".
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Schuylkill County)

Hahaha... A 130lb female teacher is supposed to fend off an attacking 230lb male, with a freakin coat rack... that's hilarious.
    III%