Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default what about kel-tec pf9

Hey guys, I was searching for a good subcompact for CC on summer time with short pants and t-shirts, and I found one that got my attention because it's cal. weigth and size...kel-tec pf9. I don,t see too many guys talking about it. It,s because is not a good piece to carry?........ Let me know. thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: what about kel-tec pf9

they're great little guns, but not for everyone. if you are recoil sensitive it's not gonna work out. because of it's light weight you need to keep a firm wrist and grip.

i carry a kt every day.

mpi

KTOG
    Kel Tec Owners Group
    More than you will ever want to know about PF9s.
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Allegheny County)

Wish I had more input on them... I've been looking at them too.
    I just handled one at a shop yesterday. I placed it on top of a P-11 and they are nearly identical in length and height, but the PF-9 is SO much thinner.

I did get to shoot one at last month's group shoot. Wouldn't want to shoot one all day long, but it wasn't as bad as I has anticipated for a gun of that size and construction.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Kel tec has excellent customer service. We know this because just about everyone who has owned one has sent it back for something. IMO it is not reliable enough to be a primary self-defense gun.

(Washington County)

The PF-9 is on my list as well, but I do have others that are much higher on my list. I saw 2 of them at the Washington County gun show today, one for $315 and one for I believe $289. I was in Ace Sporting Goods a week and a half ago and they had it for $277.88.

EM, do you recall if the PF-9 you shot at the group shoot had the extended floorplate installed on the mag or not? I handled the gun at Ace and one of the guns at the show today, but neither of them had the floorplate installed, which leads me to believe it's an accessory in the box.

FWIW, Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com has a review and a video to give you an idea of the recoil posted here: http://www.gunblast.com/Kel-Tec9mm.htm

Jenn

(Allegheny County)

It was my PF9 that empty mag shot at the shoot last month and yes it had the extended floorplate. I have found that the PF9 is very reliable. I carry mine as my primary carry gun and I have one with a laser in my night stand. I might also add that I have over thirty handguns and these are the two I am willing to bet my life on. Most of the problems that people had with these guns were when they first came out but Kel-Tec has solved the problems. As far as recoil is concerned. my sixteen year old grandson shot 80 rounds through it the last time we went to the range and he loved it.