Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Welcome to the PAFOA Forums

Welcome!

My name is Dan and I am the administrator of this website and forum so here's a little information about me.

I'm currently 24 and living in Philadelphia. I did not grow up around guns and actually the first time I ever handled a gun was in 2004. Needless to say I have since handled and bought many.

One of the things I remember from when I decided to pick up firearms as a hobby was the complete lack of information related to shooting in Philadelphia, or even the state of Pennsylvania as a whole. There were no websites that did a good job of listing shooting ranges or telling you good dealers to work with.

The goal of this site is to simply fill that void. I am hoping that by organizing shooters from all over the state in one place everyone can learn new things, organize events, meet new people and hopefully make some new friends.

The main feature of this website is obviously the discussion areas where anyone can post pretty much anything they want. I really have no intention of filtering any of the content on these forums short of illegal content and severely hateful content that serves absolutely no purpose.

One other major feature that I really hope people will use is the Calendar. If you look at the top Navigation bar you'll see a link to the Calendar. Once you view the calendar you can look at all of the upcoming events that have been added. As currently configured anyone can submit a new event for the calendar and put into the queue for approval. If you know of anything going on in the state such as Gun Shows, Promotional days at a dealer, shooting events such as IDPA please don't hesitate to submit it as an event! Another great feature about the calendar is that on the main page of the forum at the bottom you can see all events that are coming up in the next 30 days.

To a lesser extent I hope that this forum may be used to organize PA gun owners involved in the political process and interacting with our elected representatives at the state and national level in influencing law and policy.

I really hope this website turns out to be a helpful resource for everyon involved and do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Good luck and happy shooting,
    Dan P, Administrator PAFOA.ORG
    Last edited by danp; December 1st, 2007 at 05:22 PM.