Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default GAS BAN ON MAY 15th

Just wanted you guys to know there is word of a unified gas ban on the 15th of May. One of my coworkers got the email (chainmail) at work. What do you guys think about having one. Are you for it or against it and why? Personally I myself probably will try to avoid getting gas on that day just to see what the outcome will be across the nation. So what are you guys going to do?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: GAS BAN ON MAY 15th

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnest2002 View Post
    Just wanted you guys to know there is word of a unified gas ban on the 15th of May. One of my coworkers got the email (chainmail) at work. What do you guys think about having one. Are you for it or against it and why? Personally I myself probably will try to avoid getting gas on that day just to see what the outcome will be across the nation. So what are you guys going to do?
    not meaning to rain on the parade here, but even if there was any real numbers in an organized boycott, it's not going to do anything, especially not for one day.

(Bucks County)

oh yeah, just looked this up on snopes, because I know I've seen this kind of things a dozen times in the last decade, here ya go, the May 15, 2007 one:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

the most to-the-point reason is stated at the bottom of the link:
    The premise behind all these messages is inherently flawed, because consumers' not buying gasoline on one particular day doesn't affect oil companies at all. The "gas out" scheme doesn't call upon people to use less gasoline, but simply to shift their date of purchase and buy gas a day earlier or later than they usually would The very same amount of gasoline is sold either way, so oil companies don't lose any money.
    Last edited by thirtyonebravo; May 4th, 2007 at 09:15 PM.

If I need gas that day I'll be getting my gas. I only get 5 bucks max anyway for the moment...it really sucks having a jacked up fuel tank!

I don't think it'll do anything. If you wanna mess with the oil companies, you'd have to find a different means of transportation, and get a good amount of people driving automobiles to switch as well. I sure know I'm not a good enough persuader to get people to bicycle to work every day

(Allegheny County)

Rather than "protest" against "big oil" for one day(pointless)... I choose to not buy gas at CITGO EVER.
    A company making obscene amounts of money bothers me less than a country who wishes to see the United States destroyed. Do I think the Saudis are "friends" of the US? Not exactly, but they don't scream "death to America" every time you put a microphone in front of them like Hugo Chavez does.

I'm not going to call you names if you buy CITGO gas. I just want you to think about how much American money is going directly into the pockets of that communist, Anti-American, government run company.

His power, wealth and military might is growing steadily while we focus solely on the threat from the middle east. The growth of this threat to America is fueled partially by Americans who don't know any better.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Rather than "protest" against "big oil" for one day(pointless)... I choose to not buy gas at CITGO EVER.
    A company making obscene amounts of money bothers me less than a country who wishes to see the United States destroyed. Do I think the Saudis are "friends" of the US? Not exactly, but they don't scream "death to America" every time you put a microphone in front of them like Hugo Chavez does.

I'm not going to call you names if you buy CITGO gas. I just want you to think about how much American money is going directly into the pockets of that communist, Anti-American, government run company.

His power, wealth and military might is growing steadily while we focus solely on the threat from the middle east. The growth of this threat to America is fueled partially by Americans who don't know any better.
    "F"'n Ay man. That got my nipples stiff! Right there with ya. I never go to a CITGO.

Screw Chavez!!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

So I'll just fill my tank up on the 14th???

Sorry folks, if they raise gas prices, we really don't have a choice.....

Actually, think of it this way, if the gas people wanted to mess with you, they would not sell gas between the 13th to the 15th, then you would see ppl get mad.

I have seen boycott of gas work in Quebec, but it was not a one day thing, it was by the week, and there was only one day when people where allowed to gas. that was hard on the gas stations because most had to have their crew there to sell bread and milk anyways. then the one day there was gas sales, there where so many ppl there, they had to hire ppl to watch because there where cars driving away with out paying.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Westmoreland County)

Unless you get truckers, the military and public transportation to do the same for >week period, this isn't going to do crap. You better stop buying plastics, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Do I think the Saudis are "friends" of the US? Not exactly, but they don't scream "death to America" every time you put a microphone in front of them like Hugo Chavez does.
    Gonna have to disagree with you here. While Chavez is definitely a moron, the Saudi's hold anti-american protests all the time. They're just heavily censored by both State media over there and American media conglomerates over here.

Why display anti-american protests in a major oil contributor on tv when you can air the same protest in Syria, Iran, and Palestinian concentration camps?
    Last edited by D-FENS; May 5th, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Allegheny County)

They get you coming and going. Let's just start making Biodiesel and be done with it.

Can I borrow some vegetable oil?

As for a gas protest, it won't work. get a car with better mileage, or a motorcycle and hope for the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast