Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default US Congress approves Israel aid increase

Article Here

The US Congress has approved a 170 million dollar increase in security assistance to Israel as part of its new 10-year, 30 billion dollar defense aid commitment to the Jewish state.

The money for Israel was part of a larger supplemental spending bill that included 162 billion dollars for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The legislation gained final approval in a 92-6 Senate vote late Thursday.

America's pro-Israel lobby, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, welcomed the congressional action, saying it would increase US aid to Israel to 2.55 billion dollars in fiscal year 2009, up from 2.38 billion dollars this year.

"The US commitment to maintaining Israel's qualitative military edge is the cornerstone of American policy in the region," AIPAC said in a statement Friday.

"This year's package holds heightened significance for US security interests, as the US and Israel face new challenges from Iran's drive to acquire nuclear weapons as well as the growing influence of radical anti-western forces to Israel's south in Gaza and to the north in Lebanon."

The package was unveiled by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on July 30 as part of a new military pact with US allies in the Middle East in a bid to "counter the negative influences" of militant groups Al-Qaeda and Hezbollah as well as arch enemies Iran and Syria.

The aid includes a 20 billion dollar weapons package for Saudi Arabia, a 13 billion dollar package for Egypt, and reportedly arms deals worth at least 20 billion dollars for other Gulf states.

The military aid to Israel reflected an increase in value of more than 25 percent, Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has said, describing the package as a considerable improvement and very important element for national security.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

Default Re: US Congress approves Israel aid increase

Outstanding!!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Outstanding!!
    If you consider the forceful trasfer of wealth "outstanding", I don't.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Westmoreland County)

We should give them some Nukes.

Out the ass-end of a B-52
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    We should give them some Nukes.

Out the ass-end of a B-52
    An anti-Semite who wants to finish the Holocaust, eh? Now I understand why you hate the war in Iraq so much. We are killing off all your allies!!

(Bucks County)

An anti-Semite who wants to finish the Holocaust, eh? Now I understand why you hate the war in Iraq so much. We are killing off all your allies!!
    If an international body cut out part of this country and gave it to the Buddhists as their homeland, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    If an international body cut out part of this country and gave it to the Buddhists as their homeland, what would you do?
    So, do you support Hezbellah and other terror groups?

(Bucks County)

So, do you support Hezbellah and other terror groups?
    Did you support the israeli terror squads in seizing the land, and continuing to?

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    Did you support the israeli terror squads in seizing the land, and continuing to?
    Thought so. Now we all know where you are coming from.

You are a terrorist, or at least a terrorist sympathizer, spreading their propaganda. Good to know.

(Bucks County)

Thought so. Now we all know where you are coming from.

You are a terrorist, or at least a terrorist sympathizer, spreading their propaganda. Good to know.
    I never said I supported them, I support no-one who kills innocent civillians, whoever they may be.

You still have not answered my questions.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast