Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default How can people actually think Obamas healthcare package is good?

I'm against it.
    The response from doctors, and people in the medical field alone is enough to make you worried. Then looking at what citizens from other countries with socialized healthcare have to say, the documentaries and movies made about it, its down right scary.

Can anyone give me any insight into why so many people are praising this healthcare system? I really can't figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Mercer County)

Default Re: How can people actually think Obamas healthcare package is good?

(Lebanon County)

How can people actually think that gun control is good or that it reduces crime?

How can people actually think "there is a time and a place to carry a gun and there are places you just don't need it"?

How can people actually think that MJ was innocent?

How can people actually think the snuggie is something worth buying?

How can people actually think that Rosie O Donnell is funny?

Need I go on?

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Can anyone give me any insight into why so many people are praising this healthcare system? I really can't figure it out.
    I don'ts gotta pay, I can get my teeth fixed for free, I don't have to have money saved in case I get cancer, I can go on a cruise instead of pay for my meds, its the duty of the rich to take care of the poor, drug companies are ripping us off and the little man can't get ahead, now I don't have to worry about medical bills if I lose my job, free healthcare means more money in my check....

There's a sampling of the why people are praising it.

These people live under the false premise that there is a free lunch, and because they don't have to pay this one time, that they will NEVER be required to pay no matter how many times they gourge themselves.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Centre County)

I consider myself middle class and I have excellent health insurance provided by my...employer. (ahem...cause I have a job and work for a living.) I'm wondering who this middle class is that Obama keeps talking about. Most of the middle class people I know are middle class becuase they earn enough money to help pay for their employer sponsered health insurance.

I'm just waiting for the day when my employer says, "Hmmm. You know, the government health care only covers up to XXXX. Ours is better than that. I could save a few bucks by reducing our coverage and offering a crappier version of insurance. And if the employees don't like it, they can take the gov insurance."

I'm also waiting for the "well, according to our government mandated list of coverage, you already have 9 other fingers, so we're not going to be able to re-attached that 10th finger for you. After all, that'd cost the other tax payers money and we're trying to reduce that HUGE deficit that Obama ran up, then argued that we needed to rush into gov health care to help reduce it!"

Or the..."Yes, I can see that you have a sucking chest wound, but please go stand out in the lobby and wait your turn just like everybody else. We're so over crowded right now that we'll get to you when we get to you. If you wanted to REALLY help us out, why don't you zip on this body bag and pre-tag it so when you drop dead waiting we'll already have most of the hard stuff taken care of."

Really, I think Gov Health Care would be a great idea because we all know how cost effective and efficient the federal government is.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    How can people actually think that gun control is good or that it reduces crime?

How can people actually think "there is a time and a place to carry a gun and there are places you just don't need it"?

How can people actually think that MJ was innocent?

How can people actually think the snuggie is something worth buying?

How can people actually think that Rosie O Donnell is funny?

Need I go on?
    Exactly! There are many people out there that are thinking through an orifice, ignoring all logic and history lessons, and that can continue to delude themselves into thinking it is a free lunch...

It's a great idea...I mean they get free stuff and the people that make over $1,000,000 pay for it...until the cost overruns make it so that they lower the income level to $250,000...then $100,000...eventually we are taxed at 60%+ and the system is still not sustainable. It makes perfect sense!
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Franklin County)

The only thing about Obama's pitch that I absolutely agree wtih is that continuing as we are is not an option.

The cost of social entitlement prorams is huge, and the growth in social security, medicare, medicaid, free medical care, and the welfare programs is huge, and growing.

Politicians in the past have enacted or screwed up these programs in order to get votes at the time, leaving the "fix" to the future, which is now.

I have no idea of a solution, but if you look at spending growth in social programs, add in just interest on the national debt... this year's "economic crisis" is a flash in the pan.

Some difficult decisions are gonna have to be made, and professional politicians aren't famous for making difficult and unpopular decisions.

(Cambria County)

I think the problem is that everyone knows that our Medical Department is out of control. Cost are out of control. Lets face it, you ever look at a bill for spending the night in a hospital.

Tylenol (2) - $3
    Shower Shoes - $6
    TV - $6
    Hell, and that isn't even for an actual medical procedure.

Now imagine the mark up of everything else. No, the people know that the medical department needs smacked down too. They just don't know how to do it. And I think they may see this silly medical package as a way of getting it back under control.

Then as mentioned earlier. There are a lot of people that don't have medical. I must admit that in this area. Medical Coverage is a premium. Most people don't have it, unless they are paying for it, which isn't really cheap.

Lets face it. It's tough to pay for something you may go months and month and never use. I know.... but if you need it just once.... Yeah, that is why states that don't force drivers to get car insurance, find that most drivers don't bother to pay for car insurance either.

I mean think about it. If you lost your job tomorrow. And you lost your medical coverage that it is supplying. What would you do the next day, when you were in a Car Accident. It would take you the rest of your life to pay those kind of medical bills.

No, a lot of people see this as better than nothing at all..... Which a lot of them have right now.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Seriously, it's the koolaid.

One sure-fire way of reducing your health care costs is to live a healthier lifestyle. For the most part, our medical problems are voluntary, and we've chosen to be a nation of drinking, smoking, overeating fat-asses who don't exercise. That's our own damn fault.

We are also a bunch of freakin' hypochondriacs who run ourselves or our rug rats off to the ER at the first sign of a sniffle. We're placing a strain on a limited resource.

Government has never solved problems. It has only created problems that we supposedly need them to solve.

The only thing wrong with medical care today is government.

(Cambria County)

While I was in Canada skiing. I talked to people up there. I asked them what they thought about the medical they had.

I found this amusing.

They said that the big reason it didn't work, was cause all of their "good doctors" moved to the United Stated where they could make good money once the National Coverage Started.

Let's face it. If your the best at what you do, and your not making any more money for doing it, than the moron across the street who is really bad at it. That sucks.

Our saving grace there, is that the Doctors don't have anyplace else to go.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast