Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Police interaction

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I bet that goes over like a turd in a punchbowl.
    I could predict with great precision the first thought through an officer's mind on hearing that introduction.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I could predict with great precision the first thought through an officer's mind on hearing that introduction.
    "I'd like to treat him like a King, but I'm wearing a bodycam."

(Bucks County)

I don't think violence jumps to mind. Especially since dopey, egocentric introductions are not all that rare on traffic stops.
    I think the first thought is more along the lines of a character assessment.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

There would be fewer guns stolen from cars, if there were fewer places that banned guns from their premises, forcing licensed carriers to leave any guns in their cars for that visit.

If you're carrying to the bank, Walmart, the gas station, Home Depot, and the Post Office, where's your gun going to be while buying stamps?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There would be fewer guns stolen from cars, if there were fewer places that banned guns from their premises, forcing licensed carriers to leave any guns in their cars for that visit.

If you're carrying to the bank, Walmart, the gas station, Home Depot, and the Post Office, where's your gun going to be while buying stamps?
    Aside from the post office, I carry in all those places anyway. And costco. I'm not interested in being a victim. You don't want my business, I'll take it elsewhere.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    As a general rule, I hand the officer my ID, registration, and insurance card. I then ask the officer, “Have I established my identity sufficiently enough for you ????” Once he says yes, I very politely say “Then from this moment on I am specifically informing you that I am invoking my 5th Amendment Right. I will answer no questions nor agree to any searches”.
    And upon hearing that I would acquiesce your right and proceed to write for whatever violation I stopped you for without asking for a possible explanation of why or what happened. Some drivers talk themselves into getting a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    I bet that goes over like a turd in a punchbowl.
    Yep.

(Philadelphia County)

I would agree with you. But you would be surprised at the number of people, mostly females, who reported leaving their firearm in their car, parked outside their house, because they have children at home.

(Philadelphia County)

And you would be correct.

(Berks County)

And what thought would go through your mind if you were told, "I was getting along there pretty good", when you ask the driver if he knew why he was being stopped?

This has to be at least a little bit true but when buying stamps is the only one of those where it could happen to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    And upon hearing that I would acquiesce your right and proceed to write for whatever violation I stopped you for without asking for a possible explanation of why or what happened. Some drivers talk themselves into getting a ticket.

Yep.
    Based on my experiences, most of the time people earn their tickets. This is just based on the percentage of times that I just have a meet and greet with the officer.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

You can get stamps at Walmart.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast