Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Another Wal-Mart Thread! But with a twist...

How do you guys always get into OC problems with Wal-Mart employee's? I can't even find anyone to provide customer service!

I was in Latrobe Wal-Mart Friday night looking to get some Federal bulk 550 .22's and I couldn't find a blue vested soul in that entire place! I ended up leaving empty handed cause I was pissed! This was about 8:30 pm.

Next day, headed up to camp so I stopped at the Blairsville Wally World. Again, not a person around! This was at 7am. So I cruised down the back isle and eventually saw a lady in the photo department and asked her to page someone for sporting goods. After another 15 minutes, a lower management guy shows up and doesn't even have the key to the ammo case! So after he gets the right key, I had to point him to the Federal Bulks. The clerk didn't check my license, but he did ask if the ammo was for a pistol or rifle. Knowing that answering 'pistol' would have been bad, I replied, "None of your damn business, jagoff!!" But not exactely in those words! I said "Rifle." LOL!! Next time I get some .45 or 9mm, I'm gonna try the old rifle trick and see if they pick up on it! Hahaha...but anyway, he ends up shutting the register to quick and forgets to give me my change! He had to call another manager higher up the food chain to reopen the register! BTW...Latrobe was $13.97 for the 550 pack and Blairsville was $11.97! Be sure to check 'yo prices before you buy!

Next, the kid is buggin' to spend his birthday money on a Nintendo DS game to play on the way up to camp...so off to the electronics department! Yep, you guessed it! Another 15 minutes to track down a blue vest wearing, acne faced Wal-Martian! WTF is with them? I guess you pay for the low prices by sacrificing good customer service! I'd atleast like to be able to find a body in a reasonable amount of time to handle a sale!

Oh, and I wasn't OCing at the time...I was concealed, in case you were wondering. Although, I don't think it would have mattered...every Martian I encountered was below average on the old IQ chart and probably wouldn't have noticed if I had a Ma Duece strapped on my back! During the sale, the clerk didn't check my license, but he did ask if the ammo was for a pistol or rifle. Knowing that pistol would have been bad, I replied, "None of your damn business, jagoff!!" But not exactely in those words! I said "Rifle." LOL!! Next time I get some .45 or 9mm, I'm gonna try the old rifle trick and see if they pick up on it! Hahaha...

But anyway, that is my random musing for the day! Maybe Wal-Mart has already taken over the world...there's just no one working there smart enough to know it!

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Another Wal-Mart Thread! But with a twist...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    ... but he did ask if the ammo was for a pistol or rifle. Knowing that answering 'pistol' would have been bad, I replied, "None of your damn business, jagoff!!" But not exactely in those words! I said "Rifle." LOL!! Next time I get some .45 or 9mm, I'm gonna try the old rifle trick and see if they pick up on it! ...
    Don't EM have a 9mm rifle?

I've already answered (to the .45 question) Thompson submachine gun! One time, (the clerk knew me) she just chuckled, the other (Bedford's China-Mart) I got a "are you serious?" look.

I try to avoid china mart as much as possiable, but being the only game in town, I gotta suck it up and deal with it.
    This space open for sponsorship

(Montgomery County)

What does it matter, pistol or rifle. They never ask me and they aren't required to? I don't think PA has a law regarding age or eligibility for the purchase of live ammo. I think you could be a convicted murderer and still possess ammo.. I might be wrong. I'm pretty certain that your licence isn't need for a ammo purchase.. Rifle or pistol....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    ...the ammo was for a pistol or rifle....
    "Yes."
    or
    "Shotgun."
    or
    "Depends how far away I am."

(Westmoreland County)

Yes,Latrobe is,maybe,the worst-managed Walmart in the state.
    They sure miss the boat in the sporting goods department.I live about 300 yards from the store and I have spent very little in that department since the store opened.
    Last time I was in the Mount Pleasant store,they were still selling firearms.
    The older I get,the better I used to be !!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    "Depends how far away I am."
    This made me chuckle... Thanks! I hope I'm given the opportunity to retort with your phrase!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    What does it matter, pistol or rifle. They never ask me and they aren't required to? I don't think PA has a law regarding age or eligibility for the purchase of live ammo. I think you could be a convicted murderer and still possess ammo.. I might be wrong. I'm pretty certain that your licence isn't need for a ammo purchase.. Rifle or pistol....

Well, PA might not, but the ATF has a few things to say.

(B5) Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition? [Back]

Yes, a person who –

(1) Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;

(2) Is a fugitive from justice;

(3) Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;

(4) Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;

(5) Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;

(6) Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

(7) Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;

(8) Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or

(9) Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

(10) Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.

A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.

Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32]
    C. A firearms licensee may not sell any gun or ammunition to anyone under the age of 18 and
    may not sell a handgun or handgun ammunition to a person under the age of 21.
    The first quote was in the firearms FAQ on the ATF's website, the second was from a PDF on their site.

(Delaware County)

The last time andrewjs18 and I were in walmart buying ammo we had the same type of problem except someone was already at the sporting goods cashier thing and had to get someone else to unlock the case. The guy comes and he goes well I cant open it I dont have the key (off he goes to get someone else). The other guy comes and goes I dont have the key I gave it to you, then the original person that was paged to help comes to the realization that he did have the key just not on him so off to find the key...

It also cracks me up that whenever I leave the store they only look on my receipt to see that the water was paid for and to me common sense would be if I was going to steal something I would have it INSIDE a bag, not outside one.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by caa2003 View Post
    The last time andrewjs18 and I were in walmart buying ammo we had the same type of problem except someone was already at the sporting goods cashier thing and had to get someone else to unlock the case. The guy comes and he goes well I cant open it I dont have the key (off he goes to get someone else). The other guy comes and goes I dont have the key I gave it to you, then the original person that was paged to help comes to the realization that he did have the key just not on him so off to find the key...

It also cracks me up that whenever I leave the store they only look on my receipt to see that the water was paid for and to me common sense would be if I was going to steal something I would have it INSIDE a bag, not outside one.

A refuse to use those GD bags that China-Mart, Lowes, Home Despot, and everyone seems to think I need.
    Ever looked in the trees behind these Marvels Of Capitalisim? Ten Bazillon bags swaying in the breeze!
    My better half makes bags, if I can remember to grab them from the car, that we use, rather that those ugly, noisy, advertising flyers that the Wal-Mart seems to think I need.

No, I'm not doing it to "save the world" or save the trees, I'm doing that, simply cause I hate seeing litter in the woods!
    This space open for sponsorship

(Lebanon County)

You'd be hard pressed to find a blue vested employee at our chinamart. They did away with those probably a year or more ago around here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast