Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Could we see any changes with a democratic PA governor?

Can't say I really know much about the candidates for govenor of PA but I keep seeing democrat tom wolfs ads on TV. Is anyone concerned about a reform of PA's gun laws if we got a dem in office? I know Ed Randell was a demo and had tried to call for a reinstatement of the assault weapons ban at one point. I know the govenor is not the only one making decisions but still. Thoughts?
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Default Re: Could we see any changes with a democratic PA governor?

Think about which way you have not been screwed, and that's the answer, and then some..

Democrats are teachers unions, taxes, and eroding constitutional rights, take a good look at the laws governing fire arms in adjacent states, then ask yourself, if you want them in your yard?

I'll go independent before I vote for either party!
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

The concern (besides all the stupid garbage Dems tend to do when in office) is that if a Dem is elected as Governor, it usually means other Dems are also elected into the state House and Senates. The big race for Governor will draw out more voters who only show up for the Governor race, but while they are there, they vote for others of the same party as themselves. If a Dem gubernatorial candidate gets a lot of momentum and support he/she can raise the tide for all Dem candidates down the ballot. Likewise for R candidates.

But even if a tide of Dems is elected, it would not necessarily put everything in jeopardy, as with Rendell, he was limited by a solid state congress. However, as the nation around us falls down, and our cities go bankrupt (Harrisburg is very close, and Philly is a day away from martial law at all times) it will put more power into a governor's hands. He can declare states of emergency, he can push stupid ideas at the congress for "urgent" consideration, he can do all the dumb nonsense Obama does, with recess appointments, EOs, etc... and often get away with it simply by virtue of being governor. I know the office of President is different from governor, but basically it is an extremely powerful position, and governors can throw their weight around and make things happen even without full support from the Congress. Bullying, thug-types (who are mostly Democrats) tend to see these opportunities more often, and can even manufacture them to some extent.

The main thing is to keep your eye on the ball and stay active. Make sure none of the scumbags have a chance, and, when possible, replace the wavering moderate R-party members with solid, principled constitutional conservatives.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Lehigh County)

We're surrounded by states that are more hostile to handgun owners: NY, NJ, ND, don't know enough about DE. I believe Mr. Guzzardi is conservative but I don't know his stance on 2A. I've heard him mentioned once or twice on WAEB but I haven't seen any TV ads on him yet. I'm boycotting NY because their governor's an idiot. He doesn't deserve my business.

(Delaware County)

Let me go back and remember in the early 90s right after New Jersey passed their infamous anti semi auto rifle law. Pennsylvania had governor bob casey sr., and like his son was a turncoat political hack.

There was a similar anti semi rifle law that worked its way through the Pa. political process to the point of a total legislative body vote. The would be legislation failed by a two to one margin. Now, on one hand the republicans and many democrats at that point in time were pro-gun, unlike the current crop of scum bags in our state legislature. On the other hand, the semi auto rifle, or modern sporting rifle (black guns) have become much more widespread in ownership and any legislation trying to restrict their ownership would be tumultuous at best.

Pennsylvania is very slow in passing any new legislation, even if it is popular with most people, i.e. eliminating the state store system. Both political parties over the years thought it would be a good idea, but such never came to fruition. Passing anti gun ownership laws is also talked about from time to time, yet not nearly as popular of a notion as the former, and like the state store ideas, gun law legislation never came to fruition either. Why? Perhaps political suicide is not an option for career politicians. Much safer to talk and do nothing.

(Allegheny County)

Why even take a chance on anyone but the Republican at this point? We already know pretty much beyond a shadow of a doubt that ALL the Dem candidates are anti-2A.

Want to lose more? Get a Dem governor in office.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Wayne County)

Just think, someone like Obuma and Holder in our state house with selective law enforcement and what would happen here. I would rather vote for Zippy the chimp before I would ever vote for a Demo crat.

(Chester County)

If you want to keep any semblance of your gun rights in PA, hold your nose, and vote for Corbett. Yes, he is a gas taxing RINO, but he has never come after guns, while any Democrat candidate embraces ALL of the Obama/DNC (Democrat National Committee) agenda on passing more anti (legal) gun laws instead of tougher laws on criminals.

(Tioga County)

The name of the commonwealth would have to be changed to South New York.
    MikeP

(Susquehanna County)

As I've said elsewhere. Regardless of what party the Governor is, keep the House and Senate of the General Assembly in the hands of a gun-friendly non-democrat majority!

Fail to do that and I guarantee everything you consider your right under the Commonwealth's Constitution will vanish in a flurry of democrat wet-dreams! If you don't believe me, go to the Pa law & politics section and read the thread listing all of legislation offered in the Assembly, then read the names of those sponsoring them.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast