Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Springfield XDM-9 - finally found one!

I had no interest in playing the transfer game but managed to find a XDM9 at Stoneybrook the other day and got it immediately afterwards. They're slowly becoming available around PA and price is all over the place. I've seen them as low as 539 and as much as 750, based on cash prices.....slightly crazy.

It's a great firearm, very solid, I love the grips, very easy to clean, nice case, great included gear, and with the rebate, I get two more mags. Very, very pleased thus far and will take it to the range on Sunday.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Springfield XDM-9 - finally found one!

Congrats!! I saw one at The Sportsman's Shop in New Holland for 600 something if I remember right. Would be awesome if you could post a range report on it.
    Peace is the first choice of a wise man ; superior firepower a close second. -IDK

(York County)

Will do. I got a crazy deal on 1000 rounds of ammo so I ought to break the thing in quite well!

Oh, I got it for 589, which is about relative.

(Allegheny County)

I played with an XDm-40 at the gun shop. I love the exterior. I'm not a fan of the spring assembly not being captive. In my opinion, SA really dropped the ball on this firearm. The sales will initially do well I predict based on the "new model" thrill. But, it falls short for its intended purpose. If the XDm is supposed to be more "combat based", then... woops. I don't like the idea of an important part of the system flying across the room/field while stripping it.

I'll stick to the original XD40 for now. Hopefully they fix the XDm so I can have one too.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    I played with an XDm-40 at the gun shop. I love the exterior. I'm not a fan of the spring assembly not being captive. In my opinion, SA really dropped the ball on this firearm. The sales will initially do well I predict based on the "new model" thrill. But, it falls short for its intended purpose. If the XDm is supposed to be more "combat based", then... woops. I don't like the idea of an important part of the system flying across the room/field while stripping it.

I'll stick to the original XD40 for now. Hopefully they fix the XDm so I can have one too.
    I, too, was surprised how minimalistic it was but it seemed solid overall where pieces won't go all over, but the spring in there was incredibly strong and if it's stressed at all I'm sure it can eject somewhere. Personally, I didn't find a problem with it, at least so far.

(Monroe County)

Wow theyre finally coming out huh. My first pistol was the XD9 Service model. If they become available in my local area I might trade it in towards the XDm9.

I'm perfectly happy with my XD9..... no need to change it.

Next XD will be a XD40sc
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post

The Beretta 92 series guns have a non-captive recoil.
    Sig also is technically non-captive...though the spring stays on the guide.
    1911's are non-captive, too.

All are considered "combat" pistols.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, you just have to hold onto it while you take it apart. People have been doing it for years without it being a problem.

If they'd rip the grip safety off it...I'd take a look at it. In the mean time, S&W has an optional thumb safety for their M&P series for those who want more than a just an external "trigger" safety.

(Mercer County)

We just got our second one in. Sold the first before it even hit the shelf. The guy that bought it was shooting "golf ball" groups in our 20 yd range. He was very impressed but said the mag is hard to release when its full. I look foward to getting one myself.
    14OO N. HERMITAGE RD, HERMITAGE,PA 724-962-1776......STOP BY AND SEE US SOME TIME

I picked up an XDM 9 yesterday at Seneca Arms. BTW, John has a very good selection of XD's and XDM's.

After 200 rounds I am very pleased with the gun. 100 rounds of fmj and 50 rounds each of two different brands of hollow points all ran 100%, and the accuracy was very good with each load tried.

I have large hands, and exchanged the "medium" backstrap for the larger one before going to the range. The feel and the handling are fine, and the trigger is better than I've experienced on other similar pistols.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast